New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Gem of a hotel & Owners Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hotel Les Endroits

Grand Hotel Les Endroits
London
“Gem of a hotel & Owners Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

When our rental car got stuck at 1am in heavy snow close to the hotel the owner was generous & forgiving in coming to rescue us. Thankyou!
The hotel itself is like a sparkling diamond mounted on a mound of pure white icing. Inside & Out. If you are in La Chaux de Fonds I would recommend no other hotel. Bed & Breakfast to perfection.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was my 8th trip to Switzerland and I have stayed in most regions. In a not so touristy area like La Chaux it was a real surprise to find the quality and service of Les Endroits. I must say that Les Endoits is the nicest hotel experience I have had in any country. Family Colombel-Vogt and staff are a delight and their cuisine exceptional. The Grand Hotel is just far enough from the City bustle and provides a warm country feel. Highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Royandboys
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed at les Endroits with my family (2 adults and 2 kids) we have booked one of their new Suites & SPA for us with connecting door to a Deluxe room for the kids and we really loved it. The modern furnished room, the private spa, the kids really appreciated the whirlpool. The staff was very helpful and attentive with us as well as the kids they also proposed half-portion of the menu. The food was delicious, we have tried other restaurants down townb (quite bad) but the hotel-restaurant was the best. Special tip : At lunche the grilled meat on the sunny terrace and for our kids their new outside games are fantastic.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Upon arrival at the hotel, first impressions were good, free parking, modern looking exterior, and smart reception area. Check-in was quick and I thought it was a nice touch to be taken to my room and given the guided tour on the way. Next to the lift are a couple of dog beds... a little odd to see but I have since found out this is a pet friendly hotel therefore allergy suffers beware! The room is where my opinion changed about this hotel and unfortunately for the worse.

Possibly Swiss standards are low however the room was very dated and somewhat basic. I have stayed at better budget hotels in the UK for a fraction of the price. First problem, the toilet which had not been cleaned properly as it still had a hair from the previous occupant. No soap in the bathroom, possibly a genuine error? Whilst in the bathroom I found there to be no shampoo (unless foaming gel is what they call it over here) and a very old and tatty dressing gown also with a hair on it from the previous occupant. There was only 1 pillow on the bed, granted I booked for single occupancy however most people need 2 pillows and there are no spares in the room. There is no air conditioning and the radiator has no control on it so I guess temperature will be decided by the hotel.

I tried speaking to reception on the phone however there was confusion over my first complaint, the soap, she thought I wanted to order vegetable soup! Can't say too much on this, my French isn't particularly good. I went to reception to try and explain myself further. The girl who showed me to my room was still on reception and came back to my room with me. She said the foaming gel was shampoo but then went to get me a bottle of alternative shampoo which was clearly marked as such on the bottle. She also got me a bar of soap, possibly the smallest bar of soap that I have ever seen and I am staying here for 4 nights! The dressing gown was replaced with a much better quality one. I had problems explaining about the hair issues so didn't say about the toilet and particularly since I had used it since arriving.. An extra pillow was also brought to my room so overall the issues were in the main dealt with.

I do find it annoying and dissapointing when you have to complain and even more so when you spend more money for what you expect to be a better hotel given the 4.5 star rating although I am suspicious of this.

Next time I would try Hotel Des Trois Rois. It looks to be more my style and it is in the town of Le Locle which is nearby. Parking is extra cost however in total still less than a room at Les Endroits.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
La Maraude
#1 of 1 in Fournet-Blancheroche
13.3 km away
Hotel-Restaurant L'Etang du Moulin

Been to Grand Hotel Les Endroits? Share your experiences!