All reviewstrain stationnice hotelhampshire hotelair conditioningrooms are cleanwalking distancebusiness triprecommend this hotelcar parkbusiness hotelcoffee and teaaround the cornermagnifying mirrorrooms and great breakfastshops and restaurantsenjoyed my staystaff were very helpful and friendly
Reviewed February 7, 2018

I had a phenomenal stay at the Hampshire Hotel! The bed was large and comfortable, as well as the bathroom was large and clean. I am glad to have found this hotel for this deal! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who would like to stay in the Hengelo area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 1, 2018

The hotel was a nice hotel and the food in the restaurant was good. I found it slightly unusual, but it was of good quality. The parking is in the private car park just past the hotel. You will be required to register at reception. The room was of a good quality and modern and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MC_Dooren, General Manager at City Hotel Hengelo, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your visit to our hotel and ofcourse for leaving this pleasant review. We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,
Marieke Dooren - General Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2017

The hotel is 2 min walk from the train station. Easy to get to. It has a good structure, breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant. Spacious and quiet room. Just need a little more attention with the curtains and carpet to not smell mold. And I bought the winter package that included a toast and tickets to a park. But they forgot to provide.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
MC_Dooren, General Manager at City Hotel Hengelo, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.I'm really sorry we completely forgot to give you the tickets for Winterworld. If you planning to visit us again soon, please let me know, so I can provide you the tickets.
The carpet was replaced this year, I will check with housekeeping what we can do to eliminate the smell. We are planning to replace the curtains in the beginning of 2018, so these will smell nice and fresh some time soon. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced! We hope to welcome you again soon!
With kind regards, Marieke Dooren-General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

My sister and I booked rooms here due to visiting for a weekend to see a band in a local venue. Normally I research hotels etc but this time it was all done before I had a chance. This normally worries me. Fear not, this is a high class establishment with large double rooms and comfortable beds. The rooms have the usual tea/coffee TV etc, also a safe. I couldn't get it to work though. The hotel is in the middle of town and very close to bars cafe's and the station is a quick 10 minute walk.
Breakfast is a cold buffet type, a bit of confusion whether we had booked breakfast or not but nobody asked us so in we went. The car parking is next door in the multi-story but you can pay a flat rate in the hotel roughly €10 per day.
All in all it is a nice place and would return if the opportunity arose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Check-in was slow but the staff was friendly. The hotel has 2 lifts/elevators.

Our room was large! The bed was very comfortable and had all non-feather pillows--great for allergy sufferers! There was a power outlet only on one side of the bed--not good when two people have phones and devices at bedside. A simple power hub on each nightstand would solve this problem. The room had a coffeemaker and a mini-fridge.

The bathroom was relatively well lit and had both a bathtub and a separate shower stall. There was no mold in the tile grout; unfortunately, the shower door had some mold around the inside that could use some scrubbing by housekeeping. The shower water pressure was weak, but the hot water stayed hot. Mounted on the wall was a two-speed hair dryer and a magnifying mirror--great!

The free WiFi worked well, but it was open--not very secure! Parking is in the garage across the street for €9.90 per day.

I would happily stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MC_Dooren, General Manager at City Hotel Hengelo, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and ofcourse for leaving this pleasant and extended review. I'm very happy to read you had such a good stay at our hotel. I shall talk to the housekeeping regarding the shower doors and I will check with the technical department why the shower pressure was weak. We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,