“Amazing meat!”

Gulhan Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 202 Restaurants in Sanliurfa
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

We visited Gülhan at the suggestion of the taxi driver who drove us to Harran and Göbekli Tepe earlier in the day. We ordered Kuru Fasulye Pilav and the Gülhan Kebap. The meat was SO delicious, I was in heaven each and every time I took a bite! A must try when you're in Urfa!

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank thekuskafa

Reviewed September 23, 2015

They have vegetarian menu! Since I have lived in Turkey, I have some difficulties finding vegetarian menu. I was happy that through a friend's suggestion I could enjoy "dolma" which is paprika stuffed with rice, pine nut, and black olives. Delicious! They have fresh mixed juice which is great

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank 1973LYS
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Clean, well lit, no women at dinner than evening (July 28 I think) at least on the ground floor (20-21.00 the time). Waiting was articulate, somehow maestoso non-english speaking but the food, the carbonated beverages and the 'Erikli Su' water at the appropriate temperature. The food, a 'peaceful selection' since one of us had 'mild stomach apprehension': Urfa kebab (exquisite, soft, balanced, not muttony-meaty), carrots, potatoes, bamia, rice yellow and white were excellent. Portions are not sumptuus, soda comes in pharmaceutical mini bottle but still.
The cenrtally but discreetly positioned restaurant was the best that we had for our first 9 days of driving inside eastern anatolia cum Urfa- Kayseri + Konia
Value for money was good, not a bargain and the provider was specific in the billing.
Beware of synoptic references that are popular from the supply side very often in Turkey. Ask for a proper receipt. It is good even as an 'ephemera; souvenir.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank bardangas
Reviewed April 25, 2015

The restaurant was big, There were 2 floors .
Toilets were clean.
Lahmacun was very tasty. The food was delivered very quick.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank zara_kan
Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for lunch with our guide in October 2014. Very friendly service and fabulous food. Hard to choose cause it is all so good. Clean and efficient environment.
My travel partner said it was his favorite meal of our entire Turkey trip.
In general Sanliurfa was incredibly interesting, exotic and unique. We loved our time here and when we return we'll head for Gulhan Restaurant!