Hotel El Ruha(Sanliurfa)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Arte(Sanliurfa)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2013

70 TL a night! The house dates from the 1700s and has a number of really lovely common spaces. Great wifi signal throughout. Çay was regularly offered to us. We also really loved the books in the front lobby. They even brought us a large fruit plate our first night. We stayed two nights. The water was delightfully hot, even for long showers. The room was very clean. Tattered and dated here and there. We only saw rooms with twin beds. Definitely ask for a courtyard room. The one we had facing the street was a little loud and bright. Old plumbing without traps mean occasional unpleasant odors, but the ac unit blew them out in no time. Location is good and free private parking huge plus.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Achillea-Millefolium
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Rooms are adequately clean, but you will definitely not 'feel' clean for your duration here. The washroom is very typical for an inexpensive hostel in South Asia or the Middle East, not quite what you would expect in Turkey, but then again it is close to the Syria border.

The fact that I was given two twin beds for my wife and I is a little ridiculous.

The staff are nice and friendly, and the location is great. This place is better suited for a bunch of friends travelling or a long backpacker. I would not suggest it for a couple, such as us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed with friend three nights at this hotel, and staff went out of their ways to make the stay pleasant, while not being in your face :-) Good breakfast, as much tea as you could possibly drink, did you wish for it, fruit to each room every evening, The building is very romantic, gives you a lot of thoughts of how it worked as the town palace it once was. Who lived where?
If I visit Sanliurfa again, I would go to great lengths to get a room here again.
Remember it is a budget hotel when it comes to standard, but exceeds this when it comes to service for sure. And, if you go, ask the staff to get you a taxi to take you to Göbekli Tepe, just outside town. We paid 80 TL for the ride and the taxi gave us one hour at the site.

Room Tip: Take a room towards the court yard if you can, my first night I had one to the street and people do get up very very early in Sanliurfa, and they are not shy about it ;-)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I spent two nights here in September 2012. I'm a single female traveller, and always felt comfortable here. The price was reasonable and included a big breakfast. My room was small but clean and had an en suite bathroom. The location is good and it was easy to find from the airport bus. It's about 20 minutes to walk to the Balikli Gol (fish lake).

I'd recommend this place to others. The building is beautiful, I liked sitting in the courtyard and watching the pigeons perching in the window arches.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank kachika
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel - an old, restored courtyard building - is located in a charming, relatively quiet side street that forms part of the winding labyrinth of old houses north of Balikligol (~10min walk) and off a main street. The rooms were absolutely adequate, clean, with AC and plenty of hot water. Bottles of ice-cold water came free, as well as regular offers of tea, coffee and plates of fruit. (To the reviewer below - this is why they were knocking on your door!!)
The best part is the beautiful courtyard and terrace, which are perfect for unwinding in the evening.

As two young women, we felt safe at all times. The staff speak next to no English, but were absolutely charming and helpful and I'd definitely recommend this hotel.
We paid around 40TRY each for a twin room inc. breakfast - very good value!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends