“EXCELLENT!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

It was a beautiful day so we sat outside I ordered the escargot my favourite!! Plenty of garlic my partner had the French onion soup home made and full of onions really tasty
For the main I had lobster Thermidor with a great salad and fries just heaven !! Beautiful sauce and a nice size too
My partner had the cod cooked in coconut milk topped with tempura vegetables
For the dessert I had creme brûlée just didn’t want it to end !!
I wii definitely be going back
MERCI !!!

1  Thank TheoraT1

Reviewed June 25, 2018

It was very busy as we came in and we decided to take the risk to eat at Le Nantais Bistro before to go and see Lionel Richie. What a fantastic experience as the food was excellent and the service was faultless all very professional. And thank you again to the manager Eric who made sure we left in good time for the concert.
We will be back for more!

1  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed June 23, 2018

Five of us sat down for Saturday evening supper; it was busy. I ordered off the blackboard - scallops with spinach risotto - a choice of another of us. After some shared starters, our 'mains' arrived, except that the scallops were starter size! When we queried this the manager told us that they hadn't enough for two mains! When we asked why he hadn't told us before ....... he got rude and said he hadn't taken the order ...... in a tone of voice which said 'shut up and eat your food'! He made no attempt at an apology although did say I could order something else ...... but one is disinclined to as that would have been another 30 minutes etc etc.
We half expected him to waive the charge, or offer a free glass of wine or free puddings or ........ something! No! Too much French pride at stake.
No tip .... and no return!!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

This review is for dinner not breakfast nor lunch but a proper dinner. And what a dinner it was. Fantastic lamb and duck. Great puds - creme caramel and chocolate something. Friendly service and attractive room. Never really been that impressed by the restaurants in Brighton and Hove but this place cut the mustard. Will return.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Very tasty French style Sunday lunch with lots of flavour. Friendly service and atmosphere. Will make this a habit.

Date of visit: May 2018