“Worth a try”

La Fourchette
Ranked #91 of 337 Restaurants in Hove
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: French
Description: A traditional French restaurant with a modern touch, including a contemporary cocktail & wine bar.
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Party of 6 went there treated very well, food was good, mainly 2 and 3 courses inc drinks and service 250 no complaints thank you

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Terrible service and for a French restaurant even the food is poor. If you are into nouvelle cusine then give this place a try by all means. But I left the place still feeling hungry and ripped off as its not cheap either. Some of the food on the next table along from us was even badly cooked. Will never go again.

1  Thank bigboy79
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Main course took almost two hours. We were eventually given a free round of drinks, though no explanation or apology was given - the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. The staff really didn't seem to care and the food was average at best. To add insult to injury, we were then made to wait a further 20 minutes to pay the extremely high bill. We left feeling very ripped off.

1  Thank alexuk68
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I won’t waste my time going through the comedy of errors last night. We were looking for hidden cameras thinking we were on a comedy show.

3  Thank am237
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I run a dining club called Brighton Dining with Friends. We eat out on a regular basis in Brighton and Hove. I did a "recce" with a friend one Sunday in April and we enjoyed good service and food. So I invited members of the club to join me for dinner last Monday. I was shocked at the indifferent service and poor food. It wasn't busy so there was no excuse. One of the members and I ordered a mixed fish sharing plate at a cost of £48. The fish was over-cooked in horrible batter. Fellow diners experienced similar disappointment. We did not pay the suggested service charge and told the waiter why - he shrugged his shoulders. It says it all and we will not be returning. With restaurants like The Ivy and Le Nantais in easy reach, why would we?

2  Thank Moira p