This is a proper Sottish hunting lodge in Carrbridge. The public areas were exactly what you expected, tartan carpets, deer on the walls, comfortable lounge etc. We had booked into the coach house were put in the main house, which was nice. However I would say the bedroom, while large and everything worked, was in need of an upgrade to bring it up to the standard of the public areas.
The service was friendly throughout, and our only one small problem was sorted out immediately. The breakfast was very nice - i can recommend the kippers, and my fiance can recommend the full Scottish!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 2 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Some Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Book Direct Rooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland