“It was great!”

Parador Palmas De Lucia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yabucoa
“It was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend twice. Rooms are clean, very good service. Breakfast is included with your stay. There is also the option when booking to make it all inclusive(Not many all inclusives in PR). It is right on the beach. Only complaint was that it was a little far from San Juan(30 mins). Def. worth the drive!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Daihrnnd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boulder, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

We wanted to get off the beaten path and had heard good things about the Paradors, so we tried this one. It appears to be primarily for island families. There were a lot of young people with their kids. Since the pool is in the middle of the rooms, the pool noise dominates the hotel.

The furnishings are a little dated. The area around the hotel is definitely rundown. The beach has no facilities, such as chairs or even a flat place to put a towel. There is a public park next door which gets a lot of use. The service varied dramatically, based on who was working the desk.

The restaurant was marginal, both in appearance and food.

The highlight was the lobby parrot.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jwmci
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I when for my bday a gift from my husband we dint take the kids for use to have a good time...we enjoy it even thou we miss our kids this place is perfect for a family relax vacation it has a nice pool of 2 to 4 feet the place is always clean....everything was nice but for one thing noi music they should have a radio around the pool it dosent have to be loud but for everyone could hear it and enjoy it since it was tooooo quite but beside that I lkuv it and would book me another trip there but this time with my lovin one my kids food was great but don't have a lot to choose from we had to go to another rest to eat some mofongo con relleno de camarones cuz they don't have that I recommend it to spend with the family not to go alone

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank marivaz
San Juan, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

This was our second stay, it was great! The service is wonderful, from the food to the rooms. The areas always are clean, even the common areas. Food is delicious, even with the all-inclusive offer. One night they offer a special plate and didn't charge extra for it. Rooms are big, bed are super comfortable, and hot water is available, even with solar water heaters (and we went with two partly cloud days). And the personnel is always with a great smile and ready to help. We invited this time a friend with his family (two small children and two ederly ones), and everyone enjoy their stay.

Tips: Check for the All-inclusive offer (is the best way), ask at the counter for Wifi password, and... ENJOY!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank RichiePR77
breckenridge,co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

We just returned from a week in PR where we used this hotel as a jumping off point to see the south east end of the island. We had a king size, very comfortable bed, with a patio on ground level. The room was spotless, maid service daily, nice sized room and good air conditioning and frig. Yabucoa the town has a nice Ralph's supermarket, and Walgreens for any drinks or snacks you would want. The owners Juan and Maria Lopez are very gracious hosts, the front desk ladies the best, and the bartenders make a mean Pina Colada! The beach just down from the hotel is public and not maintained by the resort, the water was choppy during our stay, so we went about 40 minutes away to Luquillo Beach where the water was calm and the beach maintained. El Yunque is about 45 minutes down the expressway, and the night kayaking in Farjardo is about the same. The internet is password protected, simply call the front desk for the password and no worries. The pool and grounds were beautifully maintained, the work out room now has a new treadmill, only had a chance to use it once but very nice. We only ate at the restaurant once for breakfast and it was good. Loved PR and this hotel, hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Divecozumel
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

I went with my husband to celebrate our first aniversary. Its easy to find the place if you follow instructions. The facilities are clean and you have a balcony in the room that you can sea the ocean. The staff is good. The food is out of this world. I can stay there everyday just for the chef. All the food was great, I already missed it. The place is small, but is pretty, in harmony with the ambient. The pool is good. They have in the facilities a voleiball area and basketball area too. The only think that they need is a hair dryer in each room, I have to wait to use one. In general everithing was ok. I would definetly come back next year.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeslieJavier
Aguada, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

My wife and I needed a break from the day to day stresses and this was perfect. The facilities were excellent, the beach was within walking distance (3 min. walk); the food was excellent and so was the service. The hospitality was excellent as well. The only negative comment I can make is that the wireless internet service was non-existent in my room. In this case that was not really an issue as this ensured that I focus on what I came there for (disconnect from day to day stuff). Overall I would certainly return and also recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank union90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yabucoa
17.9 km away
Parador MaunaCaribe
#1 of 1 in Maunabo
42.4 km away
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Parador Palmas De Lucia? Share your experiences!