6,643 results
All reviews lazy river kids club water slides swim up bar coconut bay the grill st lucia atlantic side adult pool buffet restaurant a la carte restaurants something for everyone sea grass bar staff gift shop french toast caribbean night
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa was the best resort my family has ever had the opportunity to visit and stay. I picked this resort because most reviews showed that the resort was great for families and that the staff was amazing. This was an understatement. From the time you arrive at the resort til you reluctantly leave at the end of your stay you will never forget this resort and staff or at least my family won’t. The people who entertained my family Gilly, Sam, Kirby, Larry, Lovell, Diana and many more will forever hold a place in mine and my children’s lives. They will also be the reason my family returns to this resort for many years with hopefully many more of our family and friends. This is only a small list of some of the most amazing events put on by staff; live bands, performers singing every night for guests in the lobby Caribbean night, the shuttled beach party, dance lessons, bingo, beach and water volleyball, yoga, nature walks, line dancing, movie on the beach, hay rides, casino night, Peter Johns Lounge club, La Luna and diner under the stars. To the front desk staff and managers who helped point me in the right direction when I needed help with currency and excursions. My advice is book any excursions through the resort NOT your reps because the resort is cheaper, has more options (ask about the pirate ship or rum distillery) and can offer affordable private drivers (ask for Michele he is great). So we stayed on the splash side because my kids were with us. The rooms were bright and clean. Beds extremely comfortable and ask for an extra blanket because the air conditioning is amazing when it is plus 37. Now for all you people wondering about the all inclusive part that is alcohol this resort does NOT cheap out. They had high End top shelf liquor and beer. The bartenders who were my husbands favourites were big ted and princess. They were quick and efficient with amazing memories about how my husband likes his rum. The food was fantastic from both the pizza joint, buffet and restaurants. So much variety for food that it’s hard to decide what night you want to miss certain themes. My advice is don’t miss the pasta or seafood nights. The pools, swim up bar, lazy river, hottub and water slides were relaxing, fun and enjoyable everyday for both my husband and myself as well as our kids/teenagers. The miles and miles of beach front that this resort is on can take up to an hour to walk from end to end. My husband and I enjoyed evening romantic walks on the beach every night we were there. Even though we were on the Atlantic side I found it breath taking and enjoyable to swim and kit surf. There were parts of the beach that had the turtle/sewed that washed up but the resort staff were constantly cleaning it and removing it that I barely noticed it. The only reason I did notice it was because I read reviews before my trip where people complained about it. I promise you will barely notice it unless your on the beach at 6 am before the staff starts their 16 hours of cleanup. One of the best perks is that this resort is 2 minutes away from the airport. Many people who were at other resorts on the island had to travel an hour or more to get to their destinations. After a 6 hour or more flight it was nice to have a drink and checked in within 10 minutes of landing. I could go on and on about how great this resort was but the one thing I want to say is that the staff at coconut bay will make your vacation one you will never forget. I’m sure I’m forgetting many other great things about coconut bay but one thing I know is that you can’t make a better resort choice in St. Lucia then Coconut Bay. Again a special thank you to Gilly and Sam from both my girls and a big thank you to the entire staff and management from my husband and myself! The Stewart Family

Room Tip: Better views from the fourth floor
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Melissa S
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2017

Greetings Stewart Family!

Thank you for the amazing review. "Greatest Resort in St. Lucia" is definitely a title that we work hard for and we are elated that you had such a perfect vacation experience with us.

We eagerly await your next visit!

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

I will start by saying our experience was a bit of a mix. The staff at Coconut Bay ranged from very friendly, to indifferent. Generally the concierge staff were friendly and helpful. However, we routinely ran into staff that really didn’t seem to care about our request.

We started our concierge stay at the airport in Vieux Fort and we had to search for the hotel staff as we avoided the common taxi drivers and folks looking to carry our luggage. We had hoped to take a few excursions and the woman responsible for that met us at the airport and said she would go over options the following day at 10 am in the lounge.

When we entered the lounge at 9:55 am, there were multiple groups but our contact was no where to be seen. At 10:15 am we called the phone number we were given to learn she was on her way. There were about 15 other guests waiting for her so we gave up and made our way to the pool.

I had asked for an extension cord and never heard back. I checked in with the concierge who let me know they were all checked out. I checked back in with him a few days later and he did indeed find me what I needed. His name was Alden and he was very communicative.

At one point, when we were too late for the general breakfast hours (10 am) we asked another concierge if there were other restaurants open, he wasn’t sure and directed us elsewhere. We did get the answer we needed, but you would expect anyone working in the concierge office to have full awareness to guest accommodations.

On our last day, we went to the general lunch area at 11 am (we had missed the breakfast hours again because of a spa appointment) but the after hours breakfast place was not open this day. Instead we headed to the lunch counter and ordered lunch. After 20 minutes half the order came. After 30 minutes we asked the wait staff where our other order was and she stated she would bring it. After 45 minutes we approached her again to find out the place was out of rolls for the sandwiches. The waitstaff seemed nonplussed with our inquiry. After an hour we checked again to learn no bread was in bound and we asked if we could change the order. She took the order change and 15 minutes later it arrived.

Just not great service.

The pools were ok however one of the Hot tubs was only intermittently hot. When we asked about it we were told they only heated it in overcast conditions, very strange. There was no signage to this effect. The room was good, however the coaxial cable on the flatscreen tv was missing its cap and the bare wire had been inserted into the cable junction on the TV.

All in all it was a pleasant start, but definitely significant areas of opportunism compared to other all-inclusive resorts we have stayed at in the Caribbean.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Zachary F, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

cFlask,
I wish to extend my gratitude in preparing this document, and allowing the team to understand our opportunities. I also wish to extend a sincere apology for the poor service you experienced with some of the staff. I will say I was a little surprised, and the staff is generally what we pride ourselves on.

I have shared the service comments and beach grill service with the appropriate managers. I do apologize for what you experienced.

I do wish to thank you for the review, I believe the resort cannot get better with out these type of constructive comments.

Safe Travels

Reviewed December 9, 2017

FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY
I am not sure I can emphasize how friendly and responsive the entire staff at this resort are. Whether it is asking you how you enjoyed your meal as they cleared the dishes throughout a meal, or making iced tea just for you at the end of dinner when the dispenser had run out. From the moment we met our concierge, Alden, to the last handshake with him as he helped load our luggage into the van, you are greeted with a hello and smile from everyone.
Having completed the online registration form, our check in process was quick. Alden gave us some basic information and then escorted us, along with our luggage, to our room (#413).
There was a bottle of champagne and a plate of fruit waiting for us in the room. We requested a bottle of red wine and some additional beer for our refrig which were delivered before dinner. (We had expected to spend more time in the room due to a poor weather forecast for the entire week we were there. Luckily, the weather forecast was totally wrong!) Each day we received a plate with a different treat delivered to our room about 5PM. These are part of the benefits of being Concierge level guest. We also had in room Wi-Fi which worked fine with the exception of an occasional over subscribed restriction. (usually cleared in a matter of minutes) We also had reasonable Wi-Fi at the splash pool and anywhere within the main building.
The room was very clean and must have been updated fairly recently. The bathroom could have used a bit more care, but it didn’t seem unacceptable. The air conditioner worked very well and kept the room comfortable and fresh smelling. The entrance faced away from the ocean and the balcony faced the ocean (somewhat hidden by the palm trees), the lazy river and the outdoor entertainment stage. Initially we were concerned about the location but were assured by Alden that the entertainment would be over by 9:30. And it was! There is an elevator that works going up, but the call button on the 4th floor seemed to be broken. You could not get the elevator even if it was on that floor. It was a short walk down to the 3rd floor so we just walked the few steps to grab it from there. The room included a refrigerator and coffee maker. It would be nice to have a channel listing for the TV. The ice machine is on the 1st floor but always had ice available. Another plus is that if it is raining, you can get from your room to the main lobby and restaurants without the need for an umbrella.
Another concern mentioned by other reviewers was the resorts location so close to the airport, less than 5 minutes away. It was the rare day that I heard more than one plane take off and never heard one landing. I believe the last plane out is about 8 PM.
The buffet was above average. We ate breakfast there every day. They offer a very varied selection of choices to include an omelet and a waffle station and very fresh baked bread items. We ate two dinners there, our first night and the Hoedown, which was moved inside due to weather. Both meals were good.
Lunch was obtained at the grill each day. There we had a choice of several different sandwiches, hamburgers etc. and fresh made pizza with a large selection of toppings. They also offered fresh made nachos. Unlike many places the French fries were always well cooked.
We had our other dinners at the 3 specialty restaurants. Of the 3, I would avoid Capri (Italian). We had a 7 PM reservation, were seated at 6:51 and at 8:20 we still had not received our entre. (2 dishes of pasta bolognaise, and a lasagna bolognaise). The private dinner for 2 (La Luna) is serviced by the same kitchen and it seemed that they were fulfilling their meals while we waited. While Marz, our waiter, assured us that our meals were being plated and apologized for the delay, it was more than 15 minutes before our dishes were brought. That being said, the appetizers, antipasto bar, garlic/buttered rolls, and sangria (though only one small glass was offered) were very good. The actual meal was less than what I expected.
Silk and Calabash were just the opposite. The only issue I can object to at either was that in the wanton soup you only get one wanton that was about the size of small tortellini. My daughter likes the wantons more than the broth. We recommend the spicy tuna sushi, vegetable rolls, coconut chicken kabobs and the teriyaki beef at Silk and the beef tenderloin or the lamb chops at Calabash. The tenderloin cut like butter and was cooked perfectly. There is also a coffee stand in the main lobby with hot coffee/tea available 24/7. It was nice to grab a cup before the buffet restaurant opened in the morning while I sat by the pool.
We spent nearly our entire days at the Splash pool. There were plenty of loungers and a number of umbrellas. The lounges are nice and even after a rain, they dried out quickly. There is also a thatched roof hut type structure right at pool side for those who don’t want to be out in the sun. We were fortunate that the entire week we had strong winds blowing off the ocean that kept you comfortably cool while in the sun. Because of the rough seas from this wind we didn’t venture to the beach. Lazy river is nice and the two water slides are fast and fun. Towel availability is a bit of an issue as you are restricted to 4 at any one time and they keep track of how many you have. Not sure why, but you can exchange them as often as you want.
The pool had a swim up bar but there was also a bar in the building that enclosed the pool bar and the Grill restaurant so no need to wait in line.
The activity team tried to persuade participation in a variety of activities both land and water based. Pool exercises in the morning, bingo later in the day with beach and pool volley ball, water polo, corn hole and basketball competitions thrown in as well. There are also tennis courts and they will provide rackets and balls. There are two pool tables with cues that have good tips on them along with a ping-pong table.
Overall, this was a nice resort, reasonably priced with a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Choose Concierge level
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank yankhunt

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We definitely pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff and will be sure to celebrate your comments with them. We thank you for choosing Coconut Bay and hope to welcome you back again soon for another unforgettable vacation experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

We took our 2 and 6 year old children to coconut bay Nov 10-17. Our initial impression was a bit disappointing, the rooms and landscaping, walkways, pools don't have the wow factor. They are adequate but could definitely use a bit of updating/maintenance. That being said, if you can get past that (which we did) it's a great resort, with great staff. The food was above average quality for an all inclusive - not exceptional but better than good. We enjoyed our experience at the a-la-cartes (Calabash served an amazing tenderloin) and the buffet had a small but good selection. I would suggest some more kid friendly items on the kids menus at the a-la-cartes (chicken fingers and fries instead of just smaller portions of items consistent with the themes) but hey, if they don't like it there is always the buffet. They could definitely work on the bar menu, training and consistency with drinks (I love mojitos but didn't love a single one I had). Service was good though ;). Kiddies loved the waterslides and the main pool is set up well for little ones. The resort is a great size if you have to tote around little kids. The decorated our room for our six year old's birthday and brought cake for her birthday and out anniversary. We went with the concierge level and would definitely recommend for the extra money. We heard of other families having difficulties with dinner reservations. Also, TRY THE THEME NIGHTS!! We attended two theme night dinners by the pool. Food and entertainment were great. If you are thinking about it and don't need marble everything, book it!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi Crystal,
We are pleased to read that your family enjoyed their experience with us. We like to think we have something for everyone in the family and your review confirms that. As we are always striving to improve the quality of service we regularly train our staff and appreciate your constructive feedback.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

This place has it all when it come to a vacation. Weather is always hot in St. Lucia and this resort has everything you need to enjoy the heat. Food is outstanding!!!. Better than average brand alcohol and the staff knows all the great drinks to mix for you. Grounds are well kept and with a 1 mile long beach your morning walk is relaxing and no one on the beach but staff so no pesky sales folks. The place is on 85 acres and just 5 mins ride from the airport. Staff here are great with lots of activities for the kids and with 5 pools 2 on the adults side you can find a quiet place to relax.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert W

Thanks Robert for the raving review. We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay and enjoyed all that we have to offer. We hope to welcome you again soon.