All reviews great holiday booked our holiday white wine an ice cream end of the season bad reviews plenty of sunbeds lovely beach clean towels for making our holiday quiet area sea front overlooking the sea cleaned every day superior room cats
Reviewed October 8, 2018

I'd like to write with as less opinions, facts only. At the time of arrival, we were instantly accepted and brought into the room. Excelsior class. The price difference between Excelsior and Promo was less than 10%, so I’d recommend. And this (Excelsior) was as well in terms of furniture, shower, area, etc. Clean, comfortable, even cozy. Room cleaning without any complaints.
We arrived at the end of September and were bitten by mosquitoes and midge. So I do not recommend the ground floor. Or perhaps it worth to bring the fumigator.
All inclused. Generally speaking, there is a large selection of meals on the tables, but cheeses, yogurt, teas, coffee (in the dining room) and sausage (cold, not heated) are still as synthetics. I mean, I don’t like eating or drinking it. But we really enjoy an excellent espresso at the pool bar, which I have not seen elsewhere. And, of course, a wonderful local distillate - raki deserves a highest mark. So it’s rather good for 3 stars, perhaps even better.
More about the kitchen. I wondered for a long time whether to write about the case and finally decided yes. We both had severe (cared by Imodium, 1.5 days in bed) food born desease with diarrhoea. Since by that time we did not eat or drink anything (except bottled water) outside the hotel, I am inclined to think the hotel’s kitchen or suppliers were to blame for this, since, of course, most of the dishes were not cooked in the hotel’s amenities.
Location relative to the beach: 300 yards to the left open beach locates, i.e. you have waves, 200 yards to the right artificial bay instead, where you have always still, i.e. you can always swim. Photos attached.
Noisy? One night – yes. Up to 1.30 AM. There was a drank company at the pool bar and the bar staff in fact help them to make fun. Next morning I had asked the Receptionist to manage it. Seems, it helped.
Sights. Cretaquarium strongly recommended. I was in Santander, Klaipeda and Rhodes - this one is dramatically larger and more attractive. We had not any rent-a-car tips this time, so I can say nothing about sights. Reason: see above.
Hotel's staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Please see general description.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Visited Kalia Beach Hotel for four nights, AI.
The superior room was great. Food is rather poor. AI drinks are quite bad, especially wine. Soft drinks are watered down. Early breakfast is total joke - nothing salty to eat, just cereals, marmelade and white bread. Coffee (actually drink like coffee) is cold, toaster does not work.
Location is good, sandy beach is nearby. Reception workers are helpful ad polite. Excursions that hotel offers are reasonable priced.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We spent 8 nights at the hotel, came by travel agency booking. The room we got first was standard room and we didnt really liked it so we changed to a superior room. That was perfect, every facility in the room was recent, clean, room service was perfect, food was good and absolutely enough. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Im sure we will come back in the near future. I would recommend to anyone who wanna take a holiday in Gouves. Thank you Kalia Beach Hotel :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea U
Reviewed September 3, 2018

We stayed here with my son and his family making a total of 4 adults, and 2 children, and the hotel was very clean and tidy, and helpful staff. for the adults we could always find something the eat, but for the children it was not ideal as the hot dishes were always picky for them, and they tended to stay much with the salads. they did enjoy the free afternoon ice creams

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelvin M
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We went for a nice vacation, it was all inclusive. We first didn't like our small room, but then they gave us another one and that was perfect. Nice view, very clean, nice service and very delicious food.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family