“Second Review”
Review of Newk's Eatery

Newk's Eatery
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Lone Tree
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Description: Newk's purveys gourmet made-from-scratch sandwiches, soups, salads, California-style pizzas, desserts, fresh fruit, coffee, specialty drinks, wine, beer, and a large variety of other related items. We are situated on the upscale spectrum of fast casual and maintain a strong culinary focus with all products made-from-scratch with fresh ingredients in each store daily.
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

I’m writing another review for this place because what we experienced last night was unreal. It took our food a long time to come out which is unusual based on our prior trips. A very sweet young lady came to our table and apologized because they were short staffed by almost 10 people! The crew that was working there were working their tails off! They were all helping each other out and were still very kind, calm and explained the issues to their customers. I’ve never seen a business run at the speed that these young people did to keep things going. At one point the pizza maker dropped all the boxes and left the facility from frustration. The remaining employees didn’t let it get to them and they just kept going. Some young man (looked like a Manager) jumped onto the pizza Station and started getting food out. The poor sweet girl who had so much on her plate was calm and apologetic. Having owned a small business myself I understand how important it is to have reliable staff and that they also treat your customers well. Everyone working last night worked in an extremely stressful situation and handled it so well. The owners of this business are very fortunate to have a staff like them! We will of course continue to eat there as their food is great and their staff is top notch!

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We went on a weeknight with a group from church. One couple had been a few times and raved about the place. It is a new build with plenty of seating both in booths and moveable tables.
I had the steak sandwich and fruit ( several sides offered). I thought my sandwich was pretty tasty, a decent amount of meat and cheese, not huge, nice roll. The fruit was fresh and a nice variety. My husband has a pizza which he said was ok, the corn and crab "chowder" was very runny with very little corn or crab , so he was pretty disappointed in that.
Others had salads or sandwiches that they said were good.
The meals were all made to order, fresh tasting. All of the staff was very nice.

Reviewed December 24, 2017

Make your own coffee with one of those hotel room style coffee makers? Ordered coffee and desert. Was handed a paper cup and one of those little tea bag type coffee pods. Had to fiddle with the coffee maker to figure out how to make it work and then got half a cup. Really, brand new restaurant? That was the craziest thing I had ever seen, just glad I was the only person getting coffee because it could have been a painfully long wait. I just don't think some of these chain restaurants have a clue and really shouldn't start a business they know nothing about, I mean serving coffee is pretty basic. The cake was good though.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We had been anxious to try this place out and it did not disappoint! The fire roasted tomato soup and chicken salad sandwich were delicious. Generous portions and many selections for all tastes. Hubby enjoyed the roast beef sandwich and our daughter loved their chocolate cake. Looking forward to going back in the near future!

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Newk's is a wonderful experience from the food to the service. The service is tremendous and the food was excellent we will certainly be back as this was our first visit.