“Gross Meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just finished lunch at Cheeburger in Lone Tree and it was not good, combined with the fact that a 1/3 burger, small fries and a coke were over $14 (including tip) I felt compelled to write a review. With the new spate of "gourmet" burger joints popping up I was expecting something resembling 5 Guys or Lark Burger. Not so. The burger was cold, so cold that the slice of pepper jack cheese still resembled plastic at the end of the meal. The gluten free bun, which cost $1 extra, was dry and had a strange flavor. The fries, while still warm, didn't have a freshness one would expect. Service was good which was the only positive.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We don't go to burgers and fries places very often but decided to give this one a try. It was clean, had a fun 50's style decor, and the service was terrific. We enjoyed the variety of toppings we could choose to put on the burger, and the onion rings were great (good addition to the burger, too). Batter was thin and crispy, just enough to make the onions taste scrumptious. The burgers didn't knock our (bobby) socks off but were good. We ordered 2 small shakes to go, and the price had been inked out, so we didn't realize that each small shake was 4 bucks. Not worth the 8 bucks for shakes that were good but not great. A Frosty from Wendy's would have been just as good for a fraction of the price. Overall? Give it a try and decide for yourself. For us, a little pricey, but an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We went during the week when they have extra fun things for the kids. There were games on the tables with fun questions to play with along with a balloon artist creating great pieces for the kids. It sure made dinner with the family easy and entertaining.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Good shakes, just ok burgers and fries for the price of the food.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Since Lone Tree is quite a ways from me, I rarely get down there, and when I AM in the general vicinity, I head to Bud's Bar for the best hamburger in Denver. This time, however, I remembered Cheeburger, and having been a long-time fan (25 years) of its' original location on Captiva Island, Florida, decided to head in with some anticipation and nostalgia on my mind.
We arrived just before noon on a Saturday. There were plenty of empty tables, and we were behind a patron who had apparently went looking for other options and 'settled' for Cheeburger. That should have been our first clue. We were taken to a table in the middle of the room, which was dirty. (The Hostess even 'brushed' something off the seat of one of the chairs) Nonetheless, she slapped down our menus, and said "Enjoy!"
At this point, my hopes were still high. We perused the list of ice cream shakes. For $5. For one Shake. So much for value. Also asked (thankfully) and came to find out that the shakes are all Vanilla-based, with the "flavor" provided by a squirt or two of "Syrup." For $5. No thank you. We ordered a water and a Mountain Dew. When the waiter brought the Mountain Dew, we had to wait for him to take another table's order (6 people) and ignore us to put their order in to the kitchen, before we could be rewarded with his grunt when we asked for a replacement Mountain Dew, this time without the mysterious swirling 'things' throughout the glass. He brought it and left it. 5 minutes later, he asked if "That Mountain Dew was better?".... Well, Yes. This one only had ONE mysterious swirling thing. Sigh.
Our order:
1 Semi-Serious (1/3 lb) Burger with Cheddar, 2 Onion Rings, BBQ Sauce, and a side of Ranch. $6
1 Semi-Serious (1/3 lb) Burger with Swiss, Coleslaw, Mayo, and Grey Poupon. $6
1 Small Onion Rings $3.50

The Food Arrives:
The first burger had about a quarter-sized shmear of BBQ Sauce on it. We flagged down the waiter and asked for more, which he begrudgingly brought.
Both Burgers: The buns were crumbly and dry, but I don't know if that is due to staleness or improper or cheap baking techniques. (I left my bun in the basket.)
The second burger was much smaller than the first, although they were ordered (and charged for) the same size. The mayonnaise was missing entirely, the swiss cheese had that overly "sour" flavor of poor-quality swiss (Rather than nutty, musky GOOD quality swiss.) The "Coleslaw" was chopped cabbage dripping in loose white goo, and sparsely applied (as the BBQ sauce was). They did remember the Dijon Mustard, although it really looked as if they had simply poured an entire jar of it over the entire burger. Literally. I had to scrape it off.
The meat on both burgers was dry and cake-ey. The extra BBQ Sauce was required just to lubricate the throat in order to choke the burger down. I can't imagine what it would have been like with that dry, crumbly bun.
And the Onion Rings: These are gems I remember from my childhood at Cheeburger in Captiva. Bigger than your hand, golden fried, thick slices of sweet onion... Yeah, these were SO not it. These were thin, greasy to a fault (The extra grease pooled up in the basket) and had no real ONION flavor. Sadness in my heart.

In closing, I'd obviously recommend that you steer clear of this place. Within 5 miles, for the same cost (Or LESS), you have the options of FatBurger, SmashBurger, and even The Cheesecake Factory. And if you want to experience a Real Burger, for Burger Purists, take a 15 minute drive south on Highway 85 to Sedalia, and hit Bud's Bar. But by all means, even if you're NOT a fan of the Original Cheeburger, Cheeburger, your money and taste buds are best saved and spent elsewhere.