“Kahuna Philippines- A small paradise at the Surfing City”

Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I was pregnant the time I went there with my friends. We went to the beach for surfing (of course minus me). Though I swam at the sea while watching them having fun, I went back to our room.

You will greatly enjoyed the room itself because it was made with local materials. It is like bahay kubo- The style are cabanas. The room is cozy, homey you would really loved to stay in your room the whole day! INside your room there are small goodies if you want but its not for free. They have imported chocolates, chips and bsicuits.

One of the main attraction here is the surfing school beside the sea and their infinity pool! They have small gardens around. it's like you are in a small paradise plus the view of the South China Sea!

They also have massage/spa services here until 8pm only.

The food is not that great but tolerable. If you wished to learn surfing this place is a must go!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank renz_see
There are newer reviews for Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Nice play to stay specially if you take beach and pool view, although a bit expensive. It was raining, there were quite a few vacancies but did not give any discount.
The dining room overlooking the ocean is quite comfortable, whether it's sunny or raining.
Pool is ok bcause of its situation where you can look at the ocean from its border, although it is rather small.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neus S
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My daughter and I were actually booked at another resort but when I saw the expansive view of the waves crashing into the shore, I decided to switch hotels. In fairness to the other hotel, they graciously agreed to use my room deposit for the surfing lessons so kudos to them too, for their easy to talk to manager.

The Kahuna is the best in the area. New and modern but still with the Asian touch. The high ceiling of the rooms and the windows all around gave it an airy feeling.. They also had this nice seating area in front of your "hut".
The surf instructors too are patient and determined to teach you how to surf!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler_victoria
Reviewed 10 October 2011

it's true that the rate here is more expansive than any other resorts in the town. but it offers much more than that such as quiet, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staffs (the manager was the best of all), swimming pool (the only decent swimming pool in the area) and great spa!! i recommend you to stay here at least one day if you are staying in san juan.. you will not regret it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jic925
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We availed of the rainy day promo. Kahuna is more expensive than the other resorts in the area, but we absolutely loved our stay here! Nice views, nice pool, nice and clean rooms with modern amenities, ref, flat screen tv and dvd player. Well worth the promo price! Very relaxing, whether you surf or not, you can enjoy your stay. Staff was accommodating and friendly. They also have a spa.

Food is not that cheap by Philippine standards (around 200+ for breakfast meal), but I guess it's the typical "resort" price. The view makes up for it. Taste is okay as well.

Would love to return. We stayed in a garden cottage. The more expensive suites have a private pool. More promos please!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank xtravelled
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My new Bride and I recently stayed here at Kahuna and we can not speak highly enough of the resort. From the gardeners right through to the General Manager all the staff here at Kahuna really made us feel welcome and couldn't do enough for us. We got married during our stay here and spent our honeymoon at the resort. After arriving back after our wedding once opening the door to the room we were greeted with the most special thing we could have seen they had dressed our bed with rose petals win two beautiful swans made from towels as shown I a pic we have added. It was truly very special to us and touched us deeply. The food the service and overall quality of this resort was second to none. when next in the Philippines we will certainly be coming back to stay hopefully we can spend our first year anniversary here. Thanks to everyone at Kahuna for making our wedding and honeymoon a very very special occasion.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 and in our opinion its the best room seeing the sunset from our bedroom was very...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ferralkat
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here last March and I've been meaning to write a review for a while.

We enjoyed this resort, all the staff and excepitionally friendly and welcoming, and the rooms are comfortably appointed.

The bar and restaurant offer a good choice of food and beverages, which are reasonably priced. My only slight comment would be a lack of a decent veggie option for breakfast.

The salon is a must visit, truely the best facial I have ever experienced!

We had a lovely time at Kahuna and I would dearly love to return sometime.

• Stayed: March 2011
12.7 km away
Marand Resort & Spa
Marand Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bauang

Been to Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!