We stayed at Kahuna (Pool suite # 1) last October 13 to 15' 2012. The suite is spacious for 4 to 5 people. It has a living room with day bed, a/c and tv, the master's bed room is really big with tv, ceiling fan, desk and a door with pool access. Between the master's bed room and living room is the bathroom (garden inspired). The suite has a private garden with chairs, table and a hammock for relaxation, it has a private gate just outside the living room entrance. It has 2 pool beds with umbrella for the exclusive use of suite guests, The room is overlooking the infinity pool and the beach. The sight of the surfers and sunset are priceless.
I love the infinity pool and pool bar. Pool towels are provided for every guest.
We availed of the 15 minutes tension released massage and foot and hand reflexology and i will rate their spa a perfect 10.(ask for yhen or jhen?)
Every fridays and saturdays their are band performances at their restaurant and i will also rate the band a perfect 10.
However, the following needs improvement:
1. "Not Available" menu in the restaurant - we ordered about 5 menu that were not available :(
The free breakfast was per plate and not buffet style like that of other hotels i've stayed. On our last day Beef Tapa was also not available. The clubhouse sandwich contains no eggs. The restaurant staff was not that attentive considering it was very pricey compared to the other restaurants in san juan area.
I love their cookies and cream iced coffee and cakes but comes sunday the cookies and cream was not available in the afternoon because the one whose in charge of making it is not in his area (according to the lady in the coffee shop)
2. I wish that they would add a bidet in the bathroom for guest convenience.
3. Having to lock two sliding doors before doing your thing in the bathroom is a bit of inconvenience too.
4. The location of the safe and fridge in the bathroom is also not helping. By the way the room safe was not working when we were there, we had to close it manually by using a key.
In all our stay was great - kudos to housekeeping personnel, guards and spa attendant yhen
staff in the restaurant needs improvement be more attentive.
For sure we are gonna come back soon :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the most privileged surf destination in San Juan, La Union. Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa is a boutique beach resort and spa with Balinese inspired cottages that peer out into the beach.The calming sounds of rolling waves are heard all around the resort for our guests to take pleasure in.The charming 31 rooms, Kahuna Bar and Restaurant, and day spa, face an ocean cove and sandy beach.The architecture resembles a fusion of Filipino and Balinese style beach house with white stucco walls and a native grass roofs. Luscious plant life enhances the estate. Well thought out decoration details and functionality guarantee our guests get stimulated throughout their stay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kahuna Beach Hotel San Juan
- Kahuna Beach Resort And Spa San Juan, La Union, Philippines