Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Yang House(San Juan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinfinity poolla unionvilla suitebeach frontpicture takingbasketball ringbeach resortstandard garden roomgreek restaurantrelaxing stayoverlooking the beachstaff were courteousprawnsthe general managerdining areaadults and kidslearn to surf
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I just checked in. Rooms looked old, tired and badly need a renovation. A/C is weak and ceiling fans are useless, don't work. When my staff reserved the room via phone and email confirmation to Karen Olivar, Reservation Officer, the email specifically said king bed.Karen replied with confirmation form and booked us in a garden room which only has queen bed. I was told when I arrived here that all their garden room only has queen bed. I wish Karen was paying attention and told us that. I would have stayed somewhere else like the Thunderbird Resort in the next town cause they have King Beds in a similar room. The front desk clerk, offered us a king bed for 3 times as much. Hmmm, blindside me when I can no longer cancel my reservation and leave me with a choice of room I don't like or pay 3 times as much. I should have gone to Thunderbird. Thunderbird is also a recipient of Excellence by Trip Advisor. This place is not excellence, this place will challenge your patience. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank NelPBookAuthor
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Having arrived at this lovely resort for an event aspired dinner and prize giving ceremony - catered and hosted by the kahuna resort . I can only say that the staff and the food were outstanding ..special mention to the general manager and his staff who made our event magnificent .. Anyone travelling to this part of the Philippines would be mad not to stay at this great resort ...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

We are staying here right now right at this moment. Our friends are staying at Costa Villa while I chose this hotel because I want my kids to be more comfortable even though its price is quite higher. Anyway, it's like an advance celebration because it's my youngest kid's 7th bday on
When we entered the front desk we were entertained well, served with welcome drinks
And had a smooth check in. We were placed in Room 13, its location is great for a Garden View room because it's still near the pool.
My problem started when I entered the room...
The aircon was not functioning well...Maintenance came added a freon...they should have checked it before they gave this room to a guest in the first place.
After a few hours, after a good sunset dip in the pool we went back to our room my daughter's having a shower, while the other kids were watching the tv when the power went out!
I looked at the window and we're the only one who has no electricity so I called the front desk again and report what happened. The maintenance came and said that our electricity tripped..so he fixed it and the electricity's back.
But...we have to deal with the aircon again...
I asked if we can change rooms but they're only offering farther rooms..so no choice we have to stay here.. I don't want my kids to walk that far...we just have to make the most out of our stay. Let's see tomorrow what's in store ahead of us...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sweetieeee
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I intentionally walked in to this resort during our trip just to see the difference compared booking online. The rate was the same, however we were so disappointed when they added an additional fee per hour for checking in 2 hours earlier. It took 20 minutes or so just to check in because they have to serve the welcome drinks that didn't come. Also, when we arrived the guards were courteous enough, but no one assisted us with our luggage.

The entire setting of the resort was good. The rooms were relaxing. I like the design with glass walls. The infinity pool was also just perfect for staying more in the water if you get tired of the beach or surfing. We enjoyed the cool breeze at the dining area, but not so much of the food. They were serving buffets, sadly it was only available for specific groups. It would be better if they also open it for all the guests. We ordered for french toast two breakfast in a row and it was unavailable. We were expecting it would be available the next morning, but to no avail. The waiter who served us seems not so happy doing his job too.

Needless to say, La Union is one great place to enjoy summer. There are so many resorts to choose from and Kahuna is only one of the options.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank MariaG-Ostlie
Reviewed April 24, 2017

We brought our staff of 30++ in La Union and opted to get the Rest House, the Pool View Suite and two regular rooms. The rooms are excellent! Quality beddings, complete amenites and getting the Rest House was the best decision .. with its fully functional kitchen, very spacious rooms and the exclusive use of our own pool. Although the rate is a little pricey for La Union, we did not regret booking it! The staff is friendly and accommodating. The area is far from the party crowd of La Union but walking distance to the popular and more hip places like El Union and Flotsam and Jetsam. I would have rated it five stars if not for the food. It was average but definitely over priced for the kind of breakfast that was served for free with the room. If this can be addressed with either better quality or a buffet, then the place can be rated perfect.

Room Tip: If you're a group of more than 12, get the Rest House! You can go to the market and cook your own food in the kitchen.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family