Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa
Awesome Hotel(San Juan)
US$98
US$79
Agoda.com
Hotel Elegant(San Fernando La Union)(Great Value!)
US$21
Oasis Country Resort(San Fernando La Union)
US$57
US$42
US$26
TripAdvisor
The Little Surfmaid Resort(La Union Province)
TripAdvisor
Aureo La Union(San Fernando La Union)
All reviewsinfinity poolla unionvilla suitebeach frontpicture takingbasketball ringbeach resortstandard garden roomgreek restaurantrelaxing stayoverlooking the beachstaff were courteousprawnsthe general managerdining areaadults and kidslearn to surf
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

A little pricey compared to the resorts in the area. We were unable to book suites from their website as standard rooms are the only available. It can only accommodate up to 3 persons.

Anyway, when we reached Kahuna I really like the atmosphere. The Balinese designed cabins surrounded by gardens. The infinity pool. The open-air cafe overlooking the sea.

Finally a beach resort. Unlike most these days with rooms made of 4 concrete walls and small windows, and airconditioned restaurant which defeats the purpose of going to the beach.

Cons:
I've read on most reviews the cafe takes very long to serve food. I say it's true.

Limited parking. I got a good spot since I was early but our convoy cars were asked to park by the roadside outside the compound since it was full. Luckily by night some of the guests have emptied some slots.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Kahuna beach is great for surfing and swimming - just mind the jellyfish! Surfing gear plus instructor are available right at the beach fronting Kahuna Bar. More maintenance though is called for - dogs are allowed at the beach but their owners should be more responsible so mind where you step in the sand!

Small swimming pool for the kids (and some adults not into laps). The Bar is well stocked with beer, some alcoholic drinks, and tropical fruit shakes. Food was just fine (nothing to rave about), but service was a lot better.

Rooms are a little bit small for 3 pax. And I was really bothered by the giant glass window without shutters. I prefer to do my bathing in private - not in a place where there is a chance of being seen by someone - how embarrassing!

Firm beds and soft pillows - we requested for more and there was no extra charge! The spa was super expensive (like the 5-star hotel spas in Manila) so we passed.

Overall, the resort is small with nice landscaping, and you can while away the time at Kahuna Bar sipping a cool drink as you watch wave after wave crash into the shore. How's that for spending an idyllic summer?

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the parking areas.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I just checked in. Rooms looked old, tired and badly need a renovation. A/C is weak and ceiling fans are useless, don't work. When my staff reserved the room via phone and email confirmation to Karen Olivar, Reservation Officer, the email specifically said king bed.Karen replied with confirmation form and booked us in a garden room which only has queen bed. I was told when I arrived here that all their garden room only has queen bed. I wish Karen was paying attention and told us that. I would have stayed somewhere else like the Thunderbird Resort in the next town cause they have King Beds in a similar room. The front desk clerk, offered us a king bed for 3 times as much. Hmmm, blindside me when I can no longer cancel my reservation and leave me with a choice of room I don't like or pay 3 times as much. I should have gone to Thunderbird. Thunderbird is also a recipient of Excellence by Trip Advisor. This place is not excellence, this place will challenge your patience. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank NelPBookAuthor
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Having arrived at this lovely resort for an event aspired dinner and prize giving ceremony - catered and hosted by the kahuna resort . I can only say that the staff and the food were outstanding ..special mention to the general manager and his staff who made our event magnificent .. Anyone travelling to this part of the Philippines would be mad not to stay at this great resort ...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

We are staying here right now right at this moment. Our friends are staying at Costa Villa while I chose this hotel because I want my kids to be more comfortable even though its price is quite higher. Anyway, it's like an advance celebration because it's my youngest kid's 7th bday on
When we entered the front desk we were entertained well, served with welcome drinks
And had a smooth check in. We were placed in Room 13, its location is great for a Garden View room because it's still near the pool.
My problem started when I entered the room...
The aircon was not functioning well...Maintenance came added a freon...they should have checked it before they gave this room to a guest in the first place.
After a few hours, after a good sunset dip in the pool we went back to our room my daughter's having a shower, while the other kids were watching the tv when the power went out!
I looked at the window and we're the only one who has no electricity so I called the front desk again and report what happened. The maintenance came and said that our electricity tripped..so he fixed it and the electricity's back.
But...we have to deal with the aircon again...
I asked if we can change rooms but they're only offering farther rooms..so no choice we have to stay here.. I don't want my kids to walk that far...we just have to make the most out of our stay. Let's see tomorrow what's in store ahead of us...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family