Awesome Hotel(San Juan)
Orbitz.com
US$26
TravelBook.ph
  • Breakfast included
Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolla unionvilla suitebeach frontpicture takingbasketball ringgreek restaurantbeach resortoverlooking the beachstaff were courteousf bprawnsthe general managerdining arealittle priceythe room was nicerelaxing stay
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Can't count how many times we've stayed in Kahuna, it's always a great experience staying there! Rooms and bathrooms are always clean, service is top notch, food is great! Would recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit La Union.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2017

This was our second visit to Kahuna Beach Resort. Hotel staff were friendly and efficient at check-in. Rooms and hotel grounds were clean. Beautiful location at the beach north of the traffic of San Fernando, La Union. Several hotels located in this vicinity - this is our favorite.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

A little pricey compared to the resorts in the area. We were unable to book suites from their website as standard rooms are the only available. It can only accommodate up to 3 persons.

Anyway, when we reached Kahuna I really like the atmosphere. The Balinese designed cabins surrounded by gardens. The infinity pool. The open-air cafe overlooking the sea.

Finally a beach resort. Unlike most these days with rooms made of 4 concrete walls and small windows, and airconditioned restaurant which defeats the purpose of going to the beach.

Cons:
I've read on most reviews the cafe takes very long to serve food. I say it's true.

Limited parking. I got a good spot since I was early but our convoy cars were asked to park by the roadside outside the compound since it was full. Luckily by night some of the guests have emptied some slots.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Kahuna beach is great for surfing and swimming - just mind the jellyfish! Surfing gear plus instructor are available right at the beach fronting Kahuna Bar. More maintenance though is called for - dogs are allowed at the beach but their owners should be more responsible so mind where you step in the sand!

Small swimming pool for the kids (and some adults not into laps). The Bar is well stocked with beer, some alcoholic drinks, and tropical fruit shakes. Food was just fine (nothing to rave about), but service was a lot better.

Rooms are a little bit small for 3 pax. And I was really bothered by the giant glass window without shutters. I prefer to do my bathing in private - not in a place where there is a chance of being seen by someone - how embarrassing!

Firm beds and soft pillows - we requested for more and there was no extra charge! The spa was super expensive (like the 5-star hotel spas in Manila) so we passed.

Overall, the resort is small with nice landscaping, and you can while away the time at Kahuna Bar sipping a cool drink as you watch wave after wave crash into the shore. How's that for spending an idyllic summer?

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the parking areas.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I just checked in. Rooms looked old, tired and badly need a renovation. A/C is weak and ceiling fans are useless, don't work. When my staff reserved the room via phone and email confirmation to Karen Olivar, Reservation Officer, the email specifically said king bed.Karen replied with confirmation form and booked us in a garden room which only has queen bed. I was told when I arrived here that all their garden room only has queen bed. I wish Karen was paying attention and told us that. I would have stayed somewhere else like the Thunderbird Resort in the next town cause they have King Beds in a similar room. The front desk clerk, offered us a king bed for 3 times as much. Hmmm, blindside me when I can no longer cancel my reservation and leave me with a choice of room I don't like or pay 3 times as much. I should have gone to Thunderbird. Thunderbird is also a recipient of Excellence by Trip Advisor. This place is not excellence, this place will challenge your patience. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business