Tohsang City Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chic Living Hotel(Ubon Ratchathani)
View Hotel
Yuu Hotel Ubonratchatani(Ubon Ratchathani)
View Hotel
The Regent Ubon(Ubon Ratchathani)
Pathumrat Hotel(Ubon Ratchathani)
Ubon Hotel(Ubon Ratchathani)
T3 House(Ubon Ratchathani)
View Hotel
Sri Isan Hotel(Ubon Ratchathani)
  • Restaurant
Nevada Convention Hotel(Ubon Ratchathani)
  • Restaurant
V Hotel Ubon Ratchathani(Ubon Ratchathani)
View Hotel
Eco Inn Ubon Ratchathani(Ubon Ratchathani)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2011

If you are new to Thailand you may be thinking Ubon where?
I completely understand that and if I were to explain what brought me here it would take far too long. Therefore, let’s simplify things by admitting that I love nature and I have learnt to love Issan food and Ubon, as a base to access and sample both was good enough for me. On my first visit I had booked at the relatively new Sunee hotel, which looked lovely on the internet and certainly had an imposing sight but it always seems to be booked with many social events and if you have been to Thailand before you will know that the locals love their music and love playing it loud. Nothing wrong with that of course and you may wish to join in the proceedings but, if like me, you have spent the day touring around you just look forward to a good night sleep overnight. Perhaps I am being unkind to the Sunee Hotel and to be honest it may be a case that these large style hotels have lost their allure on me. Thus, I prefer finding small haunts where personal service as long as it can be delivered still has, arguably, a different meaning and value.
With this in mind I retreated to the Tohsang, which in days gone buy was “the” hotel to stay in when in Ubon and although this hotel may have lost its leading status in town it certainly has not lost any of its charm. The decor appears a little grand in places and its facade is more attractive at night when the shimmering lights on the front entrance water features make it resemble more to a spa resort than a hotel. The rooms could do with a furniture upgrade and the bathrooms look a little dated too but other than that service is very good, beds are incredibly comfortable and the air conditioning works effectively and the size of the rooms certainly spacious. Breakfast is included (check promotions and rates depending on the time of the year) and the restaurant has an elegant appearance with live music too albeit often traditional thai music with a piano player or a ping player. If you require a wheelchair this location may not be ideal because of the many ramps you will need to negotiate to reach the upper floor rooms but if you are after a good rest and a hearty breakfast including fruit, cereals, a hot counter and freshly cooked omelettes and French toasted bread in a clean environment this place may do it for you. Most of the staff will speak some basic English, there is a free of charge access to a safe locker (you will be given your own key) and Wi-Fi and you will be able to request a morning call. If arriving by plane, the hotel will provide a free of charge pick up service. One more thing, I fell in love with a very cute old fashioned telephone next to the reception counter, which reminded me of bygone times.
Giorgio Federico

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Federicoita
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed here three nights on the recommendation of a local aquaintance. The property is on a quiet street, but convenient to the city center and major roads. The room was comfortable and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. I only ate breakfast in the hotel, which was buffet style with a good selection. The staff was great. About half of the staff I dealt with spoke English, but they were able to understand my needs. All were very efficient and friendly. I'd recommend this location, and will stay here again on my next visit to Ubon.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SBP_9
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We been there for five nights, and we had five nice quiet days. Hotel is old fashioned but clean and well kept, staff are polite and efficient. Our check-in been fast and without any time lost, room been as described on their Internet home page. Bathroom is well stocked with necessary amenities, bed are well sized and comfortable, we really appreciated our daily plate of fresh fruits in the fridge. Coffee shop/restaurant has is piano and solo singer in the evening, with an extensive menu, food is good quality and dishes are consistent, buffet breakfast on other side is little poor, a lot of plates, glass, jar and so on with the same stuff inside, I should advice the hotel to reduce the size of the buffet, and make it clearer and better quality (it will be the only thing I found stained the hotel's image). Internet connection was perfect in the room, room are clean and staff not annoying. Large secured car park and easy access to rooms and lobby from there. Check-out was easy as check-in not extra hassle. Good stay in overall .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yoba2390
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We enjoyed our one night at the Tohsang City Hotel, after arriving in Ubon R. and before going on to the rocket festival in Yasothon. The location is convenient, central, 10 min from the airport, close to a street with several food options. The rooms are basic but clean and functional. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast had reasonably good options. For the price ($34/night through agoda.com), we were very happy with what we got. A very good option in Ubon R. and we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bkk34
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Stayed here for only 1 night, so perhaps didn't get a great feel for the hotel. What we saw of it was fine though.

Hotel is located very conveniently for the airport (only 10 minutes by car, and the hotel provides a free shuttle service to / from the airport), but it's a bit of a walk into town.

Rooms are fine, functional and clean but not exactly luxurious. OK for the price though.

Staff seemed friendly and helpful, all speaking good English.

We didn't try the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was good, with a few of the local specialties that the sister hotel Tohsang Khongjiam also serves. There's not as much choice here as there is at Khongjiam, but it's fine for the price, and what's on offer is of good quality.

All in all, very good value and fine for a quick visit to Ubon Ratchathani town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family