All reviews boogie boards short walk to the beach golf cart the location is perfect nice pool liberia airport local restaurants howler monkeys leah property units surf rick appliances community safes waves
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I am leaving today after an extended stay at the Nosara Beach House and am so sad to leave. Leah is so helpful at locating and telling you where things are and all the extras they have to make your trip more enjoyable. Beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards and so on. The property is beautiful the pool is great, the location is perfect just a small jungle stroll to the beach. The room has everything you could need it's very clean and my bed was great. Stay here when you come to Nosara you will be happy you did. I will come be back next year for more Pilates training and can't wait to see my room again. Thanks Leah

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jgilles28
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Any easy place to stay. Leah has given over her compound to travellers for years, and whilst it might not be what the previous poster from San Diego believed they'd find in a country other than their own, if you want to feel like you're living amongst the local Nosara community but in a Swiss built mini compound surrounding a beautiful garden with direct access to the beach then NBH is it. Clean, comfortable and with a wonderful hostess to boot. Added to that you're within a stone's throw of what little action there is here.
We came for one night at the last minute and could not have been happier after a week at the lovely Harmony just down the road. So what if you have to wash the cutlery or plates before use, how do I put this - it's the tropics Stupid!
Bless this place, it's great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hugo G
Reviewed July 6, 2017

To Whom It May Concern At Nosara Beach Management:

I have been waiting since May for a response from you to this exact letter and true to the consistently terrible service we experienced in April no response has been given or solutions offered.

Your lack of sufficient service before and during our arrival are the stuff which give travelers nightmares. I rely on the honest reviews on TripAdvisor and I must warn all travelers so that they can avoid our experience.

This experience with you and your condo began with unanswered emails from your agent questions, unclear directions and correspondence (where is Villa 3???), and ended with me cleaning up a van full of puke in the middle of the night with nothing more than a hand towel.

I struggle to see how (after being left stranded without accommodation and with no response from you and your team of "concierges" in this nightmare at 2:00 am) you found this a good time to go through all the SIX keys to your all important points of security. Surely you can see that merely leaving the sliding door open could have avoided all this mess.

But this was not our only problem with the condo, unfortunately. All the silverware in the drawer was DIRTY and had to be washed before we even used it. The flatware was not much better so we washed all that too before we could use it. There was food and goo on the counter tops and stove top in the kitchen too. We were told in your description of the condo that there would be basics in the kitchen. There was not even salt. It was dirty and gross.

The entire downstairs smells like someone peed on the couch and it was never cleaned up. The couches are visibly dirty too. This terrible smell and apparent uncleanliness prevented us from even using the lounge area. My bed pillow had a terrible smell and was lumpy and old too. I had to find one downstairs in the linen closet to replace it with and I'm sorry to say it was not much of an improvement.

As you knew while we were staying in the condo, we also had a broken toilet for three days before it was fixed. Again, you say this was a miscommunication. I disagree. I was very clear in my email to Daniella that we wanted it fixed, but just when we were not there. What would lead you to believe we want to have a conversation with you and that nasty agent right in the middle of our vacation-especially after what trauma we suffered upon arrival?

I can go on and on. You offered to pay us off for not communicating this experience and as someone who relies on the veracity of the reviews on TripAdvisor, I will not be bought off.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Kristadoestravel
Reviewed May 4, 2017

We have been to Nosara several times-staying in hotels as well as renting lodging.
I have to say this was by far my favorite trip.The accommodations were more than adequate and well furnished for our family.
The location was real convenient and we were able to walk everywhere. The incredible beach was a 20 second walk from the house allowing us to surf anytime we wanted as well as witness the beautiful sunsets.
Perhaps the greatest asset was Alex the owner and our host. He arranged everything from transportation to having some meals prepared for us at home. He really treated us like family!

Room Tip: 1st floor unit has 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms plus a kitchen and sitting areas inside and out.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank drmolar2016
Reviewed February 4, 2017

Nosara Beach House is a small (4 unit), quiet resort down a lane in Nosara, CR. The grounds are quite lovely with paths, varying foliage and sculptures, and outdoor space for each unit plus a refreshing swimming pool for afternoon relaxation. It is a treat to exit the rear gate and walk a short sand path 4 minutes to the ocean. The beach is perfect for walking, birdwatching, sunset viewing and surfing. Within a 3 block walking radius we saw howler monkeys, coatimundu, many birds, and even an Olive Ridley turtle on shore laying her eggs in a nest before returning to sea. Host Leah was SO HELPFUL with any questions we had about the resort or the area. Our 8 day stay was wonderful and we cannot wait to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: The 2 BR, 2 Story Unit worked well for 3 women friends. We had a full kitchen plus inside and outside lounging area.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends