All reviews kaya sol costa rica short walk to the beach howler monkeys small pool hot shower jungle path loved our stay pura vida great guy my favorite place beautiful beach delicious food golf cart hostel susie fans
Reviewed June 14, 2018

The hotel was ok. The kitchen was closed for renovations which was kind of a bummer. Our power kept going on and off as did the water. I felt the room was expensive for what you get. Ive traveled all over costa rica, and nosara I guess is not my fav. Its over priced for a private beach which is what your paying for. The waves weren't that spectacular for surfing. We did get a fair amount of rain for this time of the year which put a damper on the trip. Its also gets dark at 6pm and there was no nightlife at all. The staff was very nice. Nothing against them. But the food and groceries were crazy expensive. You don't get anything for free (not even a bike). The maids came really early in the morning without warning. If you are coming here for quiet and a private beach, then this hotel is fine. If you are hoping for people, a bar, some music, a nightlife, then this isnt the place for you - and again, super expensive for costa rica.

Room Tip: there is only one option for a family of 5
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
SOL27, General Manager at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thanks for your review, I am glad you liked the hotel and staff. You are correct this town is expensive and has no night life. It is now a family and yoga destination... but the surf is still very consistent. Hope you have great travels and get tons of waves.

Pura Vida

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at 3 different hotels in Nosara and KayaSol was by far my favorite. The location is awesome and everything is within walking distance. The staff is extremely nice and I truly enjoyed my stay there. I ended up leaving another hotel early just to stay at KayaSol again. I will definitely stay at KayaSol the next time I visit Costa Rica!

Stayed: June 2018

Thanks Tina!!! You are a great client and we loved having you here. Come back we have made some nice improvements too. We currently have a new yoga studio and a awesome natural foods cafe.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

KayaSol Surf Hotel is an awesome spot! I stayed there for a week with 9 others. All of the staff were happy to help with anything we needed and able to give advice on the best places around town to go. There is an easy access, gorgeous private walk to the beach which was perfect for laying out, swimming, surfing, scenery, etc. Wonderful sunsets! There are many delicious places to eat and cool places to visit within walking distance. The Hotel itself has a relaxing forest-y feel to it and is littered with places to sit and relax and listen to wildlife along with an amazing open yoga area. Absolutely LOVED my stay here!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
SOL27, General Manager at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you Ellie!!!! That is a wonderful review it truly expresses what we have to offer. I dig the forest-y feel part because I love our garden too!!!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I loved staying at the KayaSol Surf Hotel. I traveled to Nosara with a study abroad group, and we spent one week at KayaSol. We were all so upset when our week stay was over because we enjoyed our stay. You feel right at home with the warm hospitality all of the workers have. The location in town is perfect. It's not too crowded, and there is a beautiful private pathway that leads guests to the beach. I plan to revisit Costa Rica someday and will stay at KayaSol.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

My study abroad group and I spent a week of our program at Kaya Sol. We absolutely had a blast in the Nosara area and couldn’t have been more thrilled with the hospitality of staff, comfortable vibe and overall positive experience at Kaya Sol. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and well managed. The beach access is convenient and useful. I would encourage coming to this hotel to all of my friends, as well as anyone looking for a place to stay with a comfortable and family friendly vibe.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends