All reviews video analysis these guys fellow guests costa rica stretch classes learning how skill level teaching style bigger waves local restaurants theory lessons the entire experience special shout board shorts white water his team positive attitude
Reviewed April 26, 2015

Such an amazing adventure! I've never surfed before this trip and was quite nervous but from day one everyone made me feel at ease. The coaches are amazing and talented - a special shout out to Andre and Jessie! I'll definitely be back to challenge myself again!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2015

My husband and I spent a week here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Surf Simply is by far the best vacation we have ever had.

8 people in our group were return clients, and now I know why!
Remember those awesome days at summer camp, making new friends and doing fun activities? Well, I felt like I was at a luxury adult summer camp the whole week. We had a great group of people, so we made new friends while learning to surf from the most amazing coaches during an unusually massive swell. And it was so much fun!

Francela was my husband's and my coach. She made me feel safe, calm, and confident paddling out through the bigger waves. Asher, one of the coaches, calls this effect the "Fran bubble". Fran is an awesome coach and motivator. We learned so much from her.
Ru and his team of coaches exceeded all my expectations. And Erika and Dani were awesome, taking care of the details which made our stay so relaxing. All the staff at Surf Simply are truly exceptional.

The food and drink were just perfect. There's nothing like a post surf sesh beer with friends. Jaer and his team do such a great job preparing the meals, I wish I could have taken them home. And yes - though you've heard it before - Lulu's delicious treats are indeed like heaven.

Yoga each day with Paola was relaxing and much appreciated - an excellent stretch for sore muscles. She even taught us stretches for our previously injured wrists, which helped me considerably with paddling. I would recommend paying extra for classes with her if you don't sign up for daily yoga.

The massage by Isis on my day off was exactly what I needed after 3 days of surfing. She got all the knots out, and it was so relaxing I fell asleep on the table.

My husband and I are going to be practicing at our home break what we learned at Surf Simply and will definitely be going back again once we've got the Level 1 & 2 skills down. Better book now; those spots fill up fast!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoseB60763
Reviewed March 30, 2015

Missing the waves at Surf Simply! I cannot say enough positive things about Surf Simply. The experience was top notch form the moment I stepped off the plane in Liberia. Rue and his phenomenal staff provided a trip of a lifetime and I cannot wait to come back!
When you step onto the Surf Simply grounds, you are immediately greeted by the beautiful grounds and the welcoming smile of Dani. She welcomed us and gave us the grand tour. The grounds are impeccably kept and luxury at its best. I shared a two-bedroom room that included a kitchenette, air conditioning and a comfortable sitting area to discuss our days surfing. The bed was so comfortable and was a welcome friend after a great day of surfing.
The highlight of the entire week was the positivity of the staff. I had never touched a surfboard in my life before and was very apprehensive the first day. I was lucky enough to have Asher as my coach for the week. The best way to describe Asher is a ball of positivity and patience. He was the best teacher I have ever had the pleasure of being taught by and he radiates the fundamentals that are taught at Surf Simply. The highlight of the trip for me was standing up of the board for the first time. Surf Simply also provides a professional photographer and they were able to catch that moment for me. I will treasure that photo for some time to come!
You must book a trip to Surf Simply! It really is a must for everyone who is interested in surfing or is interested in seeking new and exciting things in life. I will be back soon.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2015

This was my first time to Surf Simply, and I can see why there are so many returnees. This is going to sound redundant as my experience was just as amazing and wonderful as everyone else's review describe.

I had never touched a surf board before going on this trip. By the end of it I was surfing out the back and catching unbroken waves (if you don't know what I am talking about they will teach you). I did not train or get into shape for this (if you're questioning if you can do it). Although I might have progressed further had I gotten into shape. Every detail is taken care of for you, start to finish.
-P/U from where ever you want them to get you.
-bungalows are great, two bedroom with kitchenette and air-conditioned, I shared one with my friend lisa, we had our own rooms.
-The food is excellent - healthy and yummy all prepared by their private chef.
-A few dinners at local restaurants
-A delightful lady named lulu bakes the best muffins.
-Crystal and Issas, the massage therapists are incredible
-The yoga instructor does exactly what you need during a week of surfing.
-Rash guards are also provided and the only one I used throughout my stay.
-Ru (the owner) and the coaches... I was beyond impressed with these guys and gals. Asher and Andre were my coaches and I was sad to leave!!

This place is magical. I would recommend it to anyone -- surfers of all levels. I came with $300 cash and left with $100, the only money I spent was on good surf bikini bottoms (girls I would highly recommend surf specific swim wear) and souvenirs.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank CandiceLacrosse
Reviewed March 22, 2015

If you are here on Trip Advisor you are probably trying to find that perfect Costa Rican Surf vacation, and you need look no farther than Surf Simply. But before you go please know that it could change your future vacation experiences forever. I know all the reviews tell you how great Surf Simply is, and guess what they are all CORRECT. I’ve been to Surf Simply 3 times, and it only gets better each time. Surf Simply is one of the best run businesses that I have ever seen. Every need is covered from the moment your plane lands to the moment it leaves 7 wonderful days later. What makes Surf Simply such a fantastic place to visit?
• The accommodations are wonderful. Every guest has a spacious private room, with a kitchenette. And the beautiful common areas include a comfortable lounge and a pool, all of which are always spotless.
• The food alone is worth the trip. The resort has a private chef that uses local fresh ingredients to prepare meals that are so good it’s bound to be one of the highlights of your trip.
• The staff is so warm and welcoming. The staff at Surf Simply is a mix of people from different cultures and they all quickly make you feel like you are part of the Surf Simply family. I’ve stayed at 5 star resorts and not one has made me feel as welcome as the staff at Surf Simply.
• The fellow resort guests are really interesting. Surf Simply generally books out months in advance, and despite this constant demand, they limit the resort to 12 guests per week. This creates an environment where you really get to know your fellow guests. As I mentioned I have been to the resort 3 times, and each time I have met really interesting, smart, motivated people from all walks of life, and count many of them as friends long past our stay. As a testament to how good the trip is, it seems that nearly ½ the people at the resort that I have met are returning guests.
• The Surf Instruction will absolutely make you a better surfer. Surf Simply has a method that is able to work with people who have never surfed before all the way to very high level surfers and all points in between. Perhaps more important than the fact that you will absolutely leave Costa Rica as a better surfer, you will also leave with the tools to continue your learning and progression when you return home.
I really can’t think of a place I would rather go then Surf Simply, so why the word of caution? Well it will ruin any other vacation you take after going to Surf Simply because they will all pale in comparison. If you do decide to give Surf Simply a try, be prepared to be planning your return visit before you even leave the resort. Remember, you’ve been warned!!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family