The Harmony Hotel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$90
Living Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$88
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Mamma Rosa Apartahotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$75
Green Sanctuary Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$70
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$139
The Gilded Iguana Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$153
Teak Pacific Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$111
Jungles Edge(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$50
US$240
US$284
Hotels.com
All reviewsoutdoor showerjuice baryoga classessushicosta ricaplaya guionesshort walknicest hotelour honeymoonrainy seasonliberia airporthear everythingsurf boardsbug spraysurfing beachdirt roadfruit platter
Reviewed May 25, 2015

The energy in this place just flows through your veins, everything is simply fresh... From the moment you step into the place you can feel how it all fits, the food is excellent and REALLY healthy and organic. The yoga lessons are incredibly fun and easy going. It's the best way to relax and to find yourself. It's super close to the beach, you just walk 2 min, and it's perfeclty located...if you want to go and buy something at Guiones, the thing with this place is you wont have to, it's just perfect. If you want to have the best and holistic vacation I highly recomend this place!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mari J
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

I haven't stayed at the property, but have eaten at the restaurant a bunch of times. Overall, it's a great place with high quality service, ingredients, and preparation.

They have an interest menu with some local dishes, Italian, sushi, and Mediterranean amongst a few other things. Depending on your mood, pretty much everything is very good to excellent.

Some standouts are the ceviche starter, some of the sushi including the Guiones Tuna and one with the smokey tempura shrimp. The Casado plate is excellent and a lot of food. The two special fishes each night are superb, especially the whole fish that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

The desserts are also great, as well as the smoothies, and the fizzer drinks. Only drawback is that it's not cheap, but also not overpriced, given the quality, service, and beautiful open air surroundings.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TripShawn
Reviewed May 8, 2015

My boyfriend and I recently spent 5 days at the beautiful Harmony Hotel and we had an incredible stay.

The hotel itself is beautiful. Everything is composed of light wood and well-manicured, lush foliage. We saw several beautiful birds flying about and animals walking around the property (an orange squirrel, a coati, and we swear we saw a monkey late one evening ...). The rooms are well appointed and the bungalow afforded plenty of room for hanging out and relaxing - and of course we loved the back terrace with hammock and outdoor shower. We also slept very comfortably with the high-powered ceiling and the a/c.

The beach is perfect for beginning surfers and for lounging. We took a surf lesson and also made use of the free surfboards provided by the hotel. At low tide, the water is shallow and the waves are consistent, but not overpowering. It was a perfect place to practice.

The location is ideal for day trips. We were no more than twenty minutes away from a zip-lining excursion and a kayak trip through a nearby mangrove. Zip-lining was fun but I highly recommend the kayak trip (which you can also do via stand-up surf boards). It was a mellow trip (not a huge adventure) but gliding through the mangrove surrounded by unique plants and animals was truly relaxing and inspiring.

The yoga center and spa are also great. We took two yoga classes, with two different instructors. They had different styles, but I enjoyed both of them. The classes we took were mixed-level and were perfect for my boyfriend (a novice) and me (somewhat intermediate). The center is set off from the rest of the hotel, surrounded by trees, and it is truly a tranquil and beautiful space.

Finally, the food and juices/smoothies are delicious. By the end of our trip we had ordered almost everything available and were never once disappointed.

Overall, the Harmony Hotel offers a relaxing oasis of understated luxury and nature. My boyfriend and I are both corporate litigators with extremely hectic and stressful lives and we were looking for a vacation that did not require too much planning or fussing. Hotel Harmony had everything we needed at our finger tips and was just right for us.

Room Tip: Choose one of the bungalows - they are larger than the regular rooms and offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GrenadasGreat
Reviewed May 7, 2015

I did not stay at the hotel, so I can't review the rooms or service in that aspect, but I did visit several times while in Nosara to enjoy the juice bar and yoga classes, and my husband got a massage at the spa. It was such a beautiful place! Definitely felt like an oasis when you stepped onto the ground, very classy while still rustic and tropical feeling.

Juice bar was fantastic, fresh large smoothies and teas, especially loved the pineapple thai basil smoothie. Nice lounge area right next to the juice bar with couches to enjoy your drinks. Very soothing atmosphere, especially before or after a yoga class or spa treatment.

I loved the yoga class, I was nervous about going in by myself but there were several others also new to the class I was going to, Yinfluence. It was a beautiful outdoor studio, and I thought I might get overheated but the structure and the fans kept me pretty cool. Lots of props offered for the class for the full yin experience, teacher was fantastic and made a point of walking around the room to help each of us get more into the poses. I always prefer that approach over teachers who just do the practice at the front of the room, it's so nice to get that extra push/stretch/soothing touch. Great experience.

Husband loved his massage, had a very relaxed expression when I found him - it was much needed after how much he'd been paddling and getting slammed by the huge waves at Guiones! He said the room was air conditioned and masseuse was good, and he tends to be picky about massages, so that's actually really high praise :)

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenni T
Reviewed April 25, 2015

The Harmony is definitely my hotel of choice in Nosara! I love the location, the beautiful rooms, the food, the yoga, and especially their philosophy (as well as their management & staff, whom truly embrace that philosophy)
Even the single rooms have a little patio deck in the back with an outdoor shower in the jungle. You really feel like you're in the middle of a jungly paradise when you stay there. You feel adventurous as well as pampered!
They try to source everything locally, which means you get delicious fresh food, smoothies, and even locally-made shampoo and soap, which smell like paradise.
I haven't used the pool much, but I loooove the little trail that leads to the beach. It's a beautiful short walk to the beach (couple of minutes) but it's this beautiful trail in the middle of the rainforest that really makes you feel connected to the ecosystem around you. It feels like you're part of the environment, not some arrogant human ruining it.
The Harmony tries to adhere to philosophies of spirituality, taking care of the environment, personal growth, yoga, the arts and positive impact in the world. They have a whole shop inside which is filled with books and quirky items related to these philosophies, and you can also see it reflected in the staff's attitude, their Healing Centre yoga classes, and even their choice to use natural cane straws for drinks instead of plastic.
If you're looking for a place to stay in Nosara, I definitely recommend the Harmony. You won't regret it =)

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends