“Miss lulu sloane ”

La Locanda del Capitano
Reserve with
La Locanda del Capitano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Montone
Price range: US$14 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The celebrity chef Giancarlo Polito offers a menu with the most important delicacies. The cellar propone a selection of over 500 labels and the dinners are offered on our outdoor terrace.
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is without a doubt the net restaurant in Montone. I have been coming here with friends and family for over 10 years and couldn't love it more.
The food, wine and staff and the best! Definite should go!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

The hotel is fairly low key, in the middle of Montone; it feels like you have walked back into medieval times. Except for the food! One of the most delicious dinners we had whilst in Italy bicycling around Umbria with Inspired Italy. They found this hotel and restaurant and it was truly special

1  Thank Nichola O
Reviewed March 3, 2017

We have eaten here regularly and I am always struck by the air of relaxed elegance. The food is refined and there is an excellent wine list

Reviewed September 23, 2016

We've eaten here many times and always loved the personal attention and quality cooking. However, while prices have generally gone down in this area compared to the UK (we've been visiting since 2001), here they have gone only upwards. I fear they are pricing themselves out in a very competitive part of Umbria. The food, however, remains good.

1  Thank Dragonlair
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for seven or eight years now and it is always top of our list.
The food was amazing as always, delicately balanced with maximum flavour, I have always found it hard to find somewhere better for flavour.
The owner and chef Giancarlo is incredibly friendly and always happy to help with choices when we attend, I recommend following any of his choices as he is fantastic at recommending anything from food to wine. His knowledge of his whole menu and wine list is staggering and he never fails to please.
Service is always of the highest quality and you could never ask for more than they are willing to give.
Atmosphere is the final piece of this puzzle and Giancarlo has it nailed his music choice matched with the charm of montone is unmatchable in atmosphere.
I cannot speak highly enough of this place as it is magical in every sense of the word.
I will never miss an opportunity to visit this restaurant and will make every effort to go again.
As I have said before Giancarlo and the rest of the team make the experience on top of the beautiful food and wine.
My favourite place to go anywhere I have been so far by a long stretch and it's hard seeing anyone beating it.