“3rd Chance and still the same”
Review of Lal Qila

Lal Qila
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Cramlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Very Recently had a trip to La Qila in Cramlington, Northumberland. First impressions are very good and pleasant . Service was also very good and friendly. We chose a fairly quiet night to avoid any problems due to over demand as that would not be fair. However once again the meat was a let down. Presentation was good and the food was a very good edible temperature. However the chicken was very dry and brittle ( even though it was in sauce ) Very surprised that after another attempt in such a short length of time that I found the same problem. Whether this a preparation fault of the chicken and then a reheat I'm not quite sure but I prefer juicy tasty chicken breast with a madras curry as served with most other local outlets for this kind of food.
I'm afraid this will be the last time for myself at La Qila.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé have begun a mission to lose weight. Before this began we simply had to have one last take away curry. I suggested coming here instead of usual takeaway, maybe I was being lazy since it's much closer.
I felt guilty later about this choice, as well I might!
Ordered via telephone - no problems
Went to collect at designated time, I am very punctual and lateness is irritating so I ensured I was on time.
They have no such standards about punctuality it would seem.
Went in and was not told of any delay. Over half an hour sat in the cramped waiting room for our food. Obviously a scam to sell drinks to takeaway customers as the regulars seemed resigned to the wait and had a pint. Many of them seemed to be driving I hope they don't crash into me drunk.
During this time I was reminded why I stopped coming here many years ago. Heavens above the staff are a miserable grumpy bunch! Service beyond grunts and glares might not put off customers you know. Perhaps try it! They clearly didn't want to be there and so why should I bother to go there. I don't go out to be depressed by staff.
Finally got the food and rushed home. Tried to plate up the korma and my goodness I think I needed a bowl. It was like soup. Needed to eat it with a spoon. Absolutely shocking. Watered down and a distinct lack of flavour. Very disappointed.
Two stars and be thankful that the meat was of good quality or it would be one star.

3  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant with friendly staff and food is pure quality!! Chicken chatt is lovely, You couldn't go wrong here at all.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Been going here for years definitely recommend this place staff are great and really friendly and the food is delicious.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, good food reasonable priced, they also do a lunch time special and a Thursday night special with a glass of wine included in the price. Certainly worth a try.