“Impressive: friendly and good quality”
Review of Lal Qila

Lal Qila
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Cramlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 4, 2017

We were taken here by relatives and were impressed by the friendly service and the variety & quality of what was on offer. No problems with quantity, as some reviwers have suggested; or with the fresness and tenderness of what we ordered. Among us we had a range of dishes, including salmon, and nobody was diappointed. One of the chicken dishes, with a hot sweet-and-vinagery sauce was particularly impressive. Not just run-of-the-mill with what is on offer everywhere.

1  Thank Tony B

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Have always enjoyed a quality meal here and again last night all excelled in terms of lovely food and good service BUT,......... dear me, are the portions of chicken in the main curry dishes getting smaller. We both hunted our bowls of ample source for another piece of chicken, but non were to be found. It fell a little on deaf ears when we mentioned our disappointment - to be correctly told each dish has six, yes six pieces of chicken (small chicken nugget size) - for the price we were this time a little disappointed.

1  Thank Suzzy_Wong53
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Very Recently had a trip to La Qila in Cramlington, Northumberland. First impressions are very good and pleasant . Service was also very good and friendly. We chose a fairly quiet night to avoid any problems due to over demand as that would not be fair. However once again the meat was a let down. Presentation was good and the food was a very good edible temperature. However the chicken was very dry and brittle ( even though it was in sauce ) Very surprised that after another attempt in such a short length of time that I found the same problem. Whether this a preparation fault of the chicken and then a reheat I'm not quite sure but I prefer juicy tasty chicken breast with a madras curry as served with most other local outlets for this kind of food.
I'm afraid this will be the last time for myself at La Qila.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé have begun a mission to lose weight. Before this began we simply had to have one last take away curry. I suggested coming here instead of usual takeaway, maybe I was being lazy since it's much closer.
I felt guilty later about this choice, as well I might!
Ordered via telephone - no problems
Went to collect at designated time, I am very punctual and lateness is irritating so I ensured I was on time.
They have no such standards about punctuality it would seem.
Went in and was not told of any delay. Over half an hour sat in the cramped waiting room for our food. Obviously a scam to sell drinks to takeaway customers as the regulars seemed resigned to the wait and had a pint. Many of them seemed to be driving I hope they don't crash into me drunk.
During this time I was reminded why I stopped coming here many years ago. Heavens above the staff are a miserable grumpy bunch! Service beyond grunts and glares might not put off customers you know. Perhaps try it! They clearly didn't want to be there and so why should I bother to go there. I don't go out to be depressed by staff.
Finally got the food and rushed home. Tried to plate up the korma and my goodness I think I needed a bowl. It was like soup. Needed to eat it with a spoon. Absolutely shocking. Watered down and a distinct lack of flavour. Very disappointed.
Two stars and be thankful that the meat was of good quality or it would be one star.

3  Thank Ian H
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant with friendly staff and food is pure quality!! Chicken chatt is lovely, You couldn't go wrong here at all.