“Top curry house”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Been going here for years and still a great curry house at a good price,service is excellent and it's always busy

2  Thank welltraveled025

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Visited for my daughters 8th birthday, was made very welcome by the staff! Faz was fantastic and very welcoming as were all the other staff. The food was delicious, meat very tender.
Well worth a visit

2  Thank K8flynn
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Love Lal Qila. Always great food and atmosphere. I’ve been going for years and the staff are more like friends. Fantastic having a top Indian restaurant right on my doorstep with such welcoming staff. Last night I had the Lamb jalfrezi vindaloo hot and it was as always superb. Thank you Shahid, Faz and co. Alan & Costela

1  Thank Trainer1214u
Reviewed May 3, 2018

We've eaten here loads of times, love the food and wasn't disappointed this time. However this time it was lunchtime. We opted for the lunchtime special which is anything on the menu apart from king prawn dishes. No problems so far. Drinks ordered and delivered. SO FAR A RATING OF 4.

When we went to pay and produced the voucher, the waiter was less than happy. We needed to top it up with about £6. My husband handed him a £20 note which he handed back and said "change" nothing else. We managed to find the right money and that was all he got, lost the tip he was going to get.

He didn't seem to appreciate that they had, had the money for the voucher since it was purchased in October. The food here is good and the waiters were all very pleasant while serving us but the one who took the money was rude. MY RATING IS BASED ON HIM AND NOT THE RESTAURANT? The management need to remind the staff that vouchers ARE money.

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed May 2, 2018

It must be around 4 years since I last visited Lal Qila and after today’s visit I remember why .

The advertised 3 course special lunch at £10.95 is actually only 2 courses .... starter plus main and rice .

The food is very reminiscent of ready meals from a supermarket and I suspect that little is actually prepared and cooked on the premises .

The service was rushed and I felt as though I had outstayed my welcome after having spent less than an hour in a practically empty restaurant .

The prices for bottled Cobra are on line with London prices at £4.50 a bottle .

I don’t think that another visit is likely .

1  Thank Malcolm B