“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Adjacent to Tynemouth Park
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Situated in a prime location on seafront. Nicely decorated. However, we waited 30 minutes for our starters, despite the restaurant being virtually empty. Small portion sizes for the cost. Food was bland. Unfortunately, we wouldn't visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and service as always, thoroughly recommend ! Some unique dishes and flavours together with a friendly welcome

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Used to go here all the time & spend on average £70 per time, giving location so had few drinks as well as meal. However service deterioated dramatically. With this i stopped using for over 18 months until Saturday. It was shocking. I had to acknowledge waiter on arrival. Waited 10 minutes for drinks. Waited further 20 minutes for poppadoms only to recieve starter prior to poppadoms. On my partner placing her order the waiter was making eye contact away from her across the otherside of the room to another disgruntled customer who was unhappy with the legal standard of the disabled toilets. The trolley they used to collect cutlery & plates from other tables was not appealing as was dirty and passed customers likes me self on waiting upon food. The booth we were sat in was also requiring re-painting.
Such the poor standards, cleanliness and lack of service upon starters arriving i walked out. Another waiter who served the meal was distressed & upset & to be fair was not his fault even after ne explaining the issues in a courteous manner. The manager came out to discuss & asked what he could do to correct. Unfortunately you only get once chance at first impressions. I was upset and dissapointed as much as the waiter as was really hoping for good meal on weekend off. Whitley Bay Tandori I went service & food exemplary. See my comments on their. Perfect!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just visited today, had the most expensive starter which had scallops, sauce was great but scallops were raw and cold, had king prawn balti for main the prawns were over cooked and rubbery, balti sauce was very bitter and tasted like vinegar, accessible toilet for my partner was not accessible even though the staff were really helpful in moving the obstacles the toilet was still not accessible as once partner was in the door couldn't be closed due to small space, staff were very helpful but my opinion is it was over priced and a bit of a let down, don't think we will be returning

1  Thank Juicebox85
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our Friday night curry at the Plaza. It was our second time eating in the restaurant and both times the service has been excellent. Our food was delicious, the menu has a really good variety and guide to the heat of the food. I had Chicken Badhonia and it was the nicest version of the dish I've had, compared to other local Indian restaurants. The portion sizes are great - real value for money - and the waiting staff offered to box up what was left so that we could take it home. The food here is too good to waste!! We will definitely be visiting again and highly recommend a visit.