Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Classic outfitters and very up-to-date!

I dearly wish they had had this equipment when I was a young camper. It makes my stuff look... read more

Reviewed August 29, 2018
W W
London, Canada
via mobile
Awesome 5 day canoe trip

We combined the rental of a canoe with a food only package for our 5 day canoe trip off of Canoe... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2018
Arjanne M
via mobile

All reviews canoe trip once a year rent a canoe store outfitters food algonquin rental camping staff gear stop canoeing location oxtongue huntsville stuff
Reviewed July 9, 2017

We had planned a nice camping trip for a few days and were really looking forward to it. Both being students we had to plan the trip to be as low-cost as possible so we ended up renting a tent from this place instead of buying one. We were already at our campsite putting up the tent when we realized one pole was missing. The store was already closed so we had to drive to another place to get another tent. Next day we had to drive back to this store to return the first tent.

At this point the tent had cost us 110km and several hours driving back and forth and sitting on the road because of the road constructions, the price of the second tent (30$+) not to mention the campsite and rental car we were paying for while "enjoying" our stay. The store admitted their mistake (mistakes happen and that's okay) but would only give us a refund/a free tent for the rest of our stay. This tent's overall cost for the whole trip would have been around 30-40$ so we had already had to put the whole week's budget into the other tent we needed to survive the first night.

We ended up going back home after one night of camping to save the rest of the money we put on the campsite and our rental car. I do not think it was fair to us to be the ones paying for your mistake and I have never experienced customer service as bad. The money we lost was big money for us but nothing for the store so keeping us happy should not have been too difficult. This was my first time in Canada and first time camping in Canada and I am still disappointed and angry about the whole trip being ruined by these guys.

4 days after returning home we got a call asking why we hadn't returned our tent because somebody forgot to mark it when we returned it. For two seconds I was hoping for an apology.

The other store we went to was not a part of this chain and they were so nice and checked the tent and built it with us before giving it to us and I would recommend that place to everybody. It is more pricey but you will get what you paid for.

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

So very sorry to hear that the tent you rented from us was missing a pole. I will personally review your rental with our outfitting department as it seems there were a couple of mistakes.

Thank you for helping us make sure this doesn't happen to any one else. If you would like to contact me to further discuss this, you are most welcome to email, marketing@algonquinoutfitters.com.

Once again let me apologize for the missing pole and poor customer service.

Randy Mitson
Marketing Manger
Algonquin Outfitters.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Algonquin Outfitters carries what you need for your interior canoe trip. I visit Algonquin Park at least once a year and always find myself in one of the AO stores.

Thanks for your review hersee3. Be sure to drop by any of our stores in Algonquin Park (Brent, Lake of Two Rivers, Lake Opeongo and Oxtongue Lake) as well as our stores in Muskoka and Haliburton too. Always a please to see customers like you.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

The people here are so friendly!!!! Never have I ever met as friendly people in a shop than at this place. So it was an honor renting our gear with them. We were there two days in a row and rented snow shoes and cross-country skiing gear. All of it was in an excellent condition!
Prices:
CAD 20 for the snow shoes per day + tax
CAD 28 for the skis incl. boots and sticks per day + tax

January & February can be a great time to visit. As you discovered there's snowshoe and Nordic ski trails really close to explore and enjoy the winter wonderland in Oxtongue Lake and Algonquin Park. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

We were staying nearby at the Blue Spruce lodge, and decided to go cross country skiing. It has been a few years since I have skied, and some of us have never cross country skied before. They rented us some great equipment ( the boots were much more comfortable than I what I had used in the past) and showed us our options. The person helping us was very friendly. Overall it was a great place to rent and to head out from.

Thanks for sharing your winter adventure mesachie, hope to see you back again soon. There's so much to experience in every season; spring, summer, fall and even winter like you discovered.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

We've been visiting Algonquin Park for many years now, and we always make a point of visiting the Outfitters at least once a year whether we are renting a canoe or not. They have great service for outfitting purposes, plus it's not uncommon to find some good deals in their shop especially at the end of season.

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2016

SerenaTO152, thank you for your 5 star review. Have you ventured upstairs to our clearance room. You can find off season deals there any day of the year usually. Hope to see you back again soon! You don't have to wait until next summer there's 3 other seasons you can enjoy too. My favourite undiscovered season, winter. Did you know there's cross country ski trails right at Algonquin Outfitters on Oxtongue Lake? And if you've never snowshoed to Ragged Falls in the winter you really have to experience it! - Cheers