The Martinborough Hotel(Martinborough)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Hotels.com
Acorn Estate Motel Masterton(Masterton)(Great Value!)
US$71
Peppers Parehua Martinborough(Martinborough)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$119
Priceline
The Claremont Motel & Apartments(Martinborough)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$171
Travelocity
All reviewsdouble bedlakeside cabinflashunitswindlinenslaundry
Reviewed March 20, 2016

Stayed here for two nights in a "chalet". It was off season and during the week, so not a lot of other people around. Our first impression of the unit we stayed in was pretty grim but improved over time. The walls were dirty and the interior was rather drab. Very little effort has been made to make the units the least bit charming. The Chalet has a small kitchen (fridge, mini-oven, stove top, sink) and was reasonably well equipped in terms of dishes. Did not use the oven or stove top as the unit had an electric skillet which worked fine for our needs. There is also a hot water kettle, but bring your own tea and coffee - non of those frills here. The lounge is fairly characterless and contains the "3rd" sleeping option, which I would not recommend. The place is fine for 2 people in the main bedroom, but I would not want to endure a night on the couch, which is really a wooden box with an air mattress type seat on top of it. There is also a coffee table and small round table and two chairs in the lounge. The bedroom had a double bed, which was quite comfortable to sleep in and the linens appeared to be nicely laundered and clean. The bed is on wheels, so sitting up and reading a book was not possible as the bed would roll away if you lean against the wall with your pillow. There is a night stand next to each side of the bed.
There is also a central kitchen in the Holiday Park, but we did not use this. Bathrooms are all in an external facility with a separate building for showers. Despite paying for the shower (1 gold coin), I received no hot water. My husband had a similar experience. It also would have been nice to know how long of a shower you get for a 1 dollar coin. I feared that it would be short so between the water being cold and not wanting to soap up and then lose the water I rushed thru. Our room came with towels, which were surprisingly nice (looked like new, actually). Not sure that the other accommodations include towels.
It's best to arrive at this destination with all of your groceries in tow, the nearest store is a small (but adequate) country store 20-30 minutes away in Pirinoa. Recommend you stop there first as you head into Lake Ferry. I didn't see any take-away places so your options seem to be to cook your own or eat at the hotel which is walking distance from the holiday park.
The holiday park has a small playground but it also looked tired. A more modern one is down the road a small bit.
Location-wise, this is a good jumping off point if you are looking to hike the Putangirua Pinnacles or head up to Cape Palliser, both of which I recommend. Even if you don't intend to hike the drive is worth it for the views.
Overall, my adequate rating stems from the feeling that I would not want to spend a lot of time in the unit. There is no wifi available but the cell phone coverage was pretty good. For our trip this was just a place to sleep after the day's adventure. I'd have gone crazy if it had rained. It's a stretch to call it a "holiday park". I would not recommend the facility for families with children, just not enough to do.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IMHO_57
Reviewed March 18, 2016

Great real kiwi motor camp experience.
Stuated in a wonderful setting. Benefits with awe inspiring sunsets.
Lake ferry hotel, just up the road does great fish in the basket, and happy hour on Fridays.
Well located to cape Palliser lighthouse, and the mut see Pinnacles.
Great coffee and service at the recently opened café at Pirinoa.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikeGerry
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Stayed in a basic cabin (2 bunk beds) and has basic mini bar fridge, kettle. No shower, toilets, these are separate in their respective blocks. The toilets and showers were also very basic, and need to pay for hot showers via a timer. My experience was about $1 coin per 2 minutes. Still overall, cheap accommodation. Would be nice if they provided Wi Fi, however mobile coverage in general is a bit flaky, so it's also nice to disconnect from the outside world.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth W
Reviewed December 30, 2015

My husband and i booked there for 5 nights, of which 3 were great however on the fourth night it was not what we expected or wanted as the camp rules state no parties or excessive noise after 10.30 at night, so apparently this rule does not apply to the camp manager as his party went till after 2.30 am due to this we left a day early.
We will no longer stay in this camping ground, also amenities were substandard,dirty
and in need of repair. They need to spend some money on this camping ground to bring it up to standard.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigdog1313
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a night and would gladly stay longer in the future. We paid $85 for a cabin. Cabin was equipped with a double bed, a single bed, plenty of storage space, shower, bathroom, kitchen with a small oven, fridge, sink, cutlery, table and chairs.

We were placed probably about 20 meters from the lake and the views were beautiful. Easy as pie to pop down the road for a meal and walk back.

We thoroughly enjoyed our no-frills stay and can't wait to head back!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple