This hotel is also known as the Royal de Canada, its full of Canadians.
The six buildings all have good points. Building 1 is close to the beach, the sports bar and evening entertainment but the waves are noisy all night and the daytime activities get loud. Building 2 has a great view and also close to the same, but you cane hear the night shows if you go to bed early. Buildings 3 and 4 are closer to the beach and buffets than 5 and 6. Buildings 5 and 6 are quieter and closer to most ala cartes, but a walk to the beach. Their pools are NOT as windy as the beach in the afternoon tho.
I would rate the ala cartes as follows Piccolo (Mediteranean), Wok Wok (Thai), Mexican, Brazilian (lots of meat), Japanese. Thursday night everywhere is Mexican except for Piccolo, and there are more night vendors and games. Get reservations by getting a ticket for the lineup about 7am, for 8am opening, or try at 230. You can get for tonight or tomorrow, but they do save 1/2 of the seats for tomorrow for those that show up the next morning. The 2 buffets are not the same, and both have themes each night. If you need burgers and fries go to the Mexican or Brazillian during the day, or the 70's night in the buffet by pool one.
The place is VERY clean and all of the staff not only tries very hard, they are happy.
The beds were comfy, we had an eggcrate foamy on ours. No fridge.
There are bars everywhere and fresh filtered water at them as well as bottled water in the room, but no waiters at the pool or beach, just walk up and get what you need. The booze is decent quality and not watered down. Everyone takes big thermal cups to get bigger drinks, and if you give them away to gardeners or cleaners when you leave, they really are thrilled. I heard a guy say he missed milk alot, and we would have liked to see more cheese but there is so much variety its a treat.
Go see the rock and roll show at 930 Friday night, it is amazing the energy and continual action those dancers put out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron