Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Book In Advance

Start Date
End Date
Tours from Bici Bucerias tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Bucerias
from US$65.00
from US$55.00
from US$79.00
More Info
All reviews el tuito great ride road cycling in great shape cycling tour rented bikes group ride san juan tacos bike ride couple years low traffic slower riders grilled fish an adventure wide variety joel
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I ride a lot but am a novice on longer road trips. I was so nervous to step up my causal rides but wanted to be more active on my trip to Mexico. I emailed bici several times before my ride asking all kinds of questions. They were always super quick to respond and both encouraging and helpful. I stayed in bucerias and bici was easy to find. I did the San Juan ride twice and both times had amazing guides who stuck with me the whole way. They also were amazing tour guides as we cruised the countryside. The equipment was great and they were very attentive to make sure I was comfortable. Next year punta minta here I come.

Date of experience: March 2019
BiciBucerias, Owner at Bici Bucerias, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for riding with us! We look forward to having you back next year!! See you soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

Well organized outfit that caters to a wide variety of cyclists. We had a group of 5 with two Veloguides, Roy and Valentino. They did a great job of staying with both the faster and slower riders. They did not try to keep the group together but instead made sure they covered both ends well with a couple of stops to regroup. I had my own bike but it appeared the rentals were good quality and maintained. Your fee coversfood mid-ride (fresh coconuts for the water) and also post-ride (Beer and tacos at a local place in Bucerias). More importantly for me, they were flexible with my cancelled ride later in the week, reversing the transaction rather than holding a credit with VeloGuide.

Pros:
Lots of ride alternatives based on rider ability.
Custom ride offers, i.e. private rides
Well supported rides
Low-traffic routes so safety is not a concern

Cons:
Overall length of day for some of the advanced rides due to driving to start location (i.e. mountain routes require 60-75 minutes each way plus any time to get to Bici Shop). For me, based in Punta Mita, this equated to 3 hours of driving for a 70km ride. That said, they do offer alternative 1-on-1 options and I recognize on a group ride, majority rules.

Date of experience: February 2019
BiciBucerias, Owner at Bici Bucerias, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for riding with us David! I hope you come back again! You still have some routes to explore : )

It is tough when our guests are staying outside to Bucerias as there will be travel time... Once the new highway opens up and makes the 200 highway in our area more safe to ride, we will have new options closer to some of those outlying hotels. But for now, the rides starting out of Bucerias are the best and safest. And yes, the mountains do take some time (approx. 45 - 60 mins.) to reach, but when you come do those tours, you will see, totally worth it!! We do also like the length of our tours to be such that we have you back early enough to enjoy the rest of the day.

Cheers! Jillian

Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

If you're in bucerias and want to rent a bike this is the place to go very reasonable prices and the bikes are in great shape we had a great time biking out to a secluded beach and I would recommend anyone to rent from this place. They offer tours, but we like doing our own thing. It was like 20 American for 3 hours.

Date of experience: November 2018
Joel G, Owner at Bici Bucerias, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

So glad that you enjoyed the bikes and that you made your own adventure. It is nice to see people explore when they are on vacation and discover the little beautiful spots in our country.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

What a great ride with Pepe!! Cannot say enough good things about Pepe and Bucci Bike tours. Pepe was very accommodating to our needs and showed us a beautiful tour of the area on back dirt roads and paved roads. What a perfect 50th Bday ride in Bucerias :)

i was on the same ride with Jim during this tour of mexico for the first time. I loved it, I have always been a fan of hopping on a bike and having an adventure, and that we did. We rode along some gorgeous areas, and ended up at a sweet dining spot Armandos! that we went back to again after a couple of days, and had an excellent meal. we couldn't have asked for a better guide, with a better personality. five stars!

Date of experience: September 2018
LauriC115, Front Office Manager at Bici Bucerias, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

We are so happy you enjoyed the experience. Truly world class riding here in the bay ; ) Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Pepe is the best!

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Met up with Pepe early morning. We wasted no time getting my pedals my pedals on my ride. My ride for the day was a 49cm Specialized Diverge gravel bike with front disk brakes and 30mm tires on Roval carbon wheels. Sweet ride indeed! The 72km (42 mile) ride from Bucerías to Sayulita was fun, scenic, smooth and safe. Roads are very smooth and Pepe did a great job pointing out any dirt or debris along the way. No potholes really! Pepe told me a lot about the pueblos along the way and I really enjoyed that, too. I will definitely be back soon for another ride or two with Bici Bucerías.

Date of experience: June 2018
BiciBucerias, Owner at Bici Bucerias, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you so much for riding with us! Pepe is one of the best. Look forward to having you back!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

The shop was great and fitted me fine on the best maintained and smooth ride I have ever rented. Joel, Tony, and Suzie gave great instruction, and I felt safer here than many a ride in Portland. I'd only signed up for Higuera Grande but having so much fun I kept pushing uphill towards Sayulita (well behind the others). Drivers are really really courteous on that little road!!
Suzie stuck with me, as I was the old, slow one, coming off a winter layoff. Great camaraderie at lunch with seriously good riders from all over the globe. Nice folks, nice rides, good food.. Give yourself extra time afterwards to see Bucerias.
C. Guntermann