“Excellent Home Cooking”

Ristorante la Campanella
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Bettolle
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We were two couples out to celebrate our last night together in TUSCANA, staying in Bettolle for its proximity to so many venues. We chose this restaurant based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We shared the mussels and buffalo cheese with prosciutto for appetizers. We ordered pasta, sea bass and swordfish. A liter of house wine rounded out the meal. The meal was delicious, the presentation elegant and the service impeccable. The restaurant was spacious and beautifully appointed.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Loved this little place. Great stopover if you’re on your way to Florence or your Tuscan Villa. Really nice decor. Coastal vibe in the middle of the country. We were served by a lovely gentleman named Antonio. We had pasta and seafood. Special mention to Lici with tomato and garlic. Simple but delicious. Would come back here again and again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Our family of 8 enjoyed a great meal here. The owner and his wife guided us through our dinner to complete satisfaction. Pasta dishes were fantastic. My wife loved the Italian salmon sushi. The restaurant was so good my brother and I returned before we left Bettole

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for over 8 years and it never disappoints! Excellent food and very good service !

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch. We were seated and I used the restroom before ordering. When I got back to my table the owner came over to take our order with out giving me a chance to read the menu. He took the order from my husband and I told him what I wanted as an antipasto. He said he would be back to get my main dish order from me. Which he did after awhile. They sent us the starters and shortly after he returned with only my husband's main, he told me mine would be out as soon as it was ready. I was not impressed that they brought for one of us and not for the both of us at the same time. My husband began to eat otherwise it would get cold and by the time he was done his meal mine was still not ready.
I thought it was extremely rude of the owner to go ahead and bring only for one person when we are a couple there to have lunch "together". This is very unprofessional and tells me he does not care of the service to his clients. At that point I told him I don't want my order any more. I told him we came to have lunch together not to eat one at a time separately. He proceeded to argue with me and as I turned to walk back to my table he told me to F#@k off in Italian and thought I didn't hear him. Wow what arrogance! Unbelievable customer service!
Both my husband and I work In the same industry for years and this treatment left me completely disgusted and applaud. A few minutes later he comes to the table with the food. Saying that my order takes longer to cook than what my husband ordered and laughing at me while including the table next to us in this explanation. I told him I said thank you but I already told you I didn't want it anymore and he shouted at me that I will pay for it anyways.
Worst worst worst customer treatment I have ever had in my life . I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food was nothing special anyhow so I didn't miss much the antipasto was just mediocre and I have had better. I won't be back that's for sure.

Date of visit: July 2017