“Dizastroburger...”
Review of Umami Beer

Umami Beer
Reserve with
Umami Beer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Umami" is the fifth taste. "Umami" means tasty. Umami Beer is an independent resto-pub dedicated to craft & quality beers and to regional products of excellence. Umami beer is an unusual place where "the Taste" wins over everything. The restaurant is simple, minimalist but with the right atmosphere for an evening with friends and for tasting delicacies of excellence combined with great craft beer. From Umami Beer has 5 pins and more than 150 different labels in the bottle; all strictly craft beers. Monia and Roberto (ADB Umbria President - Umbria Beer Tasters Association) will guide you in choosing the best pairing.
Reviewed April 12, 2017

So I was in the area near Assisi with some friends affter we took part at one of my friends wedding . In one of the evenings after the wedding , We decided to stop and eat at this burger stop after we saw some of the comments. First things first , I didn't like the fact that my Hamburger arrived cold , that it was still raw and not baked. That didn't make a really good impression , I don't know if the italians like their burgers this way , I noticed that some of them eat raw meat and coldcuts , but it's certainly not what I like . To conclude I think that the price was a bit high for a burger and a draft beer but hey .... who am I to judge !!!

Reviewed December 1, 2016

Read the Trip Advisor ratings and my honey and I had dinner at Umami beer and were not disappointed! Of course I had the burger with cheese, an egg, tomato, bacon, and lettuce and it was delicious. My honey had the Veggie platter and was a happy camper. The variety of the veggie was excellent. The service was superior and we used “thefork” to make the reservation. Once again a TA rating proved to be correct as we enjoyed dining at the #1 eatery in town.

3  Thank ronvoyage
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

After 7 days in Italy, eating some of the best food in the world, we were tired of pasta and really wanted a burger and a beer. Words will not due justice to the experience that we had at Umami beer. Awesome beer, all of it Umbrian, and burgers that are 2nd to none I have ever had. I had a lamb burger, the wife had a Chianti a burger and they were both absolutely the best. Cooked perfect, just different enough to really be interesting. If I could get these guys to franchise, I would partner with them in a minute. Passionate about the food and beer they serve, working 70 hours a week because as Roberto said. I love good beer and great burgers. Please stop in. I promise you will walk away happy, full, with a big smile on your face! Hopefully coming to Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice very soon!

2  Thank JMasters84
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Nice burger joint in the small town near Assisi. They have a huge selection of beers and burgers. I only wish they’d cooked them medium. Our daughter wanted French fries, which they don’t have on the menu, but the staff went and made them anyway. Wonderfull service!

2  Thank jpkoudstaal
Reviewed July 11, 2016

When you need a break from the classic and beautiful Italian cuisine.. seek out Umami Beer. The suburb on the flat directly in front of Assisi, it Santa Maria Delghi Angeli. Locate the lower cathedral on the flat and it is not far from there. The sat nav will get you close but it will be hard to find (for us tourists) as there is almost no signage. See my pictures so you know what to look for. The hunt is worth the effort as this is the best burger I have eaten in the world. Perfect bun, perfect grind of meat and perfect beers.

2  Thank JenniferGherardi