See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Love it thare whas great peaple everything great litle vilage if you wanne see how good it really is you need to go for yourself !!
i whas really happy that i went to this place it changed my life probebly for ever how you think
how you whil do next in your life it whas the best of my 22years of vakation !!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Orry V
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A very friendly,energetic and fun location. Many high end freestyle kiters stay there and are very happy to share their knowledge and experiences. This is a great place to socialize and learn many things from tips for kite tricks, downwinders, to world travel to the famous other kite spots. The pousada owner is very helpful and knowledgeable about kiting in Ceara. He also organizes trips for dinner or night life in Fortaleza and this is great fun. It is very close to the main street....4 minutes, so restaurants and shopping are easy.

Room Tip: upper floor has nice balcony and more breeze
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brucetodd
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I arrived in Cumbuco with no idea what to expect, no kite surf experience and a little shell shocked from the Brazilian climate. When I found Porto Azul, the host Gert, made me feel very comfortable. He set me up with a beautiful room, gave me a top meal and then sorted me out with kite lessons and some great equipment. I ended up staying in Cumbuco for 2 months and during my stay I checked out a few of the other Pousadas. When I return I will most definitely be staying at Porto Azul again! Top marks!!:)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ZenTaoChi
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed there for a month during a solo trip to Brasil.
Great hospitality, even better atmosphere. The most positive thing was that there were always other geusts to go kiting with.
Could not wish for a better breakfast, all the vitamins and energy you need for a day of kiting.

I had the best time over there! Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Toon013
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here last October, and it is really a lovely little retreat in the middle of Cumbuco. Lovely hosts, and the breakfasts were wonderful. Only a very short walk to the beach, and there is plenty of room to store kites and boards. There is also a lovely pool to splosh into at the end of a tiring day kitesurfing. They do an excellent barbecue too once a week.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends