All reviews front desk buggy taxi airport dunes pool wind centre beach
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and my 5 y.o. kid.
The hotel is wonderful, it reminded me of the resorts in Southeast Asia, but I missed some little details that could have made my experience even better.
There is a small kids club that could be improved.
There is only one option of restaurant, although the one there is is excellent.
The staff is very polite, efficient and helpful, they are always smiling and at your service at all times.
I have experienced the spa (USD80 for a 50 min massage with Caudalie products), the massage is ok, but I missed some details, as a welcome drink or an iced tea before/after the massage. Also, after the scrub massage, I had to cross a hall to shower, which was in an open area - that could be improved so we have some more privacy. I also missed a relaxing music during the massage (believe me, that makes the difference).
At night, I was disturbed with the conversation from other guests in other rooms, but that was more like guests fault than the hotel itself.
But, in general it was a great experience in a very nice hotel!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank glauciay2014
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Located in Caucaia, Ceará, the resort is about 33km from the Fortaleza International Airport. We paid R$100,00 in a regular cab to get there and we just picked a regular taxi in the front desk at the landing area.
The structure of the hotel is huge, with the entrance hall with a wonderful decoration, with the walls leaked for natural ventilation, taking advantage of the strong wind. The decor is contemporary with a modernity touch. The furnishings are beautiful.
Our bedroom was not so large and the bathroom was quite small. The discharge was firing all the time. The bed, though large, was not comfortable and the hotel doesn´t offer different types of pillows. I had to request a softer goose pillow and they needed to arrange one for me.
The pool is wonderful and large and there are plenty of sun loungers scattered around the large garden.
The breakfast was good, only. The lunch and the dinner were also in the same place, but the food was not good. The risotto was not a risotto, but a ordinary rice with sour cream, and one of the dishes smelled burn. The grilled fish was not grilled, but fried. The mignon was not a mignon and they used to open the beef and always well done, despite we order rare. The waiters were not well trained and were not attentive when called.
The beach in front of the hotel is wonderful and I highly recommend strolling along the beach to watch the kytesurfers.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fflaerte
CarmelHoteis, Gerente de relações com clientes at Carmel Cumbuco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Mrs. Laerte,

All comments are very important to us, even if your stay has not exceeded your expectations. So sorry for the discomfort mentioned during your stay. You can be sure that this kind of situation is not our standard. We have already passed on your observations to the operational management as an opportunity to improve intensification in training with the teams.

Regards,
Relationship Management

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this resort! The grounds and lobby were stunning and very well kept. Plenty of shade with all of the umbrellas and palm trees. Very peaceful environment. We practically had the place to ourselves (only 30 of us in the whole resort) when we went the first week of June as it was "off season" and the rush of kite surfers hadn't yet arrived. However my husband had plenty of constant wind to kite surf off the beach every day (the wind starts to pick up around noon). It was great having the glass paned wall blocking the majority of any strong wind while relaxing by the pool or beachside hot tubs. The food was top notch: very fresh, a lot of great seafood, and prices were great (for American dollars). Definitely recommend the frozen caipirinha (with cachaca of course) and their mojito. Customer service was the best I have ever experienced as well! The workers went out of their way: passed around samples of frozen caipirinha by the pool and chilled hand towels, stored and reheated any leftovers (their portion sizes are huge!), helped my husband launch and land his kite. Some of them speak English. Jesse in particular was very nice and accommodating and hard working. No tipping necessary like at the usual all-inclusive resorts in Mexico (but it's nice to be a blessing to those who deserve it). We did a sand dune buggy tour for 3 hours one morning early and it is a must do!!!! Spectacular views and a once in a lifetime experience. They typically all stop at small natural "water park" which is cool. I would recommend going with a buggy instead of an ATV/4 wheeler. There are tons of local kite surf schools near the resort and have low prices to rent any gear (my husband rented a board and vacuum sealed his kites on a check on bag). If you want to do an downwinder, you can typically find a group of people to kite with and pay a buggy to follow you to drive you back. We grabbed an Uber to Cumbuco's Main Street once for dinner and the seafood at Sabor de Praia was great! My only complaint if I had to choose was that the beds weren't very comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CarmelHoteis, Gerente de relações com clientes at Carmel Cumbuco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Mrs. Caroline,

Glad you enjoyed the experience you had with us, we cherish for providing outstanding moments to our guests and it is satisfactory to read your comment.
We remain at your disposal and await your brief return.

Regards,
Relationship Management.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

A perfect hotel to spend a relax holidays with good quality in all aspects, breakfast, room, swimpool, etc. The people are very friendly and a especial recognition to the Paulo and Jacqueline but all were very nice. The hotel is very good and prepared for kids. Is very next to the cumbuco village, 2 minutes by taxi, and cumbuco is very small with a few stores and some restaurantes. Buggy`s ride in dunes is fantastic.The only negative points are the shower space is very short and the sea in front of hotel normaly has strong waves. So the principal question? would i come back? OF COURSE YES.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Best hotel in Kategorie resort and spa !I will not forget breakfasts with excellent few on ocean .. beach perfect ,I ran every morning with the sun service best and quality of the food excellent .One moment it is chlorine content in the pool my melting changed color

Date of stay: November 2017