New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The staff are some of the most helpful of any hotel I stay in” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
bristol england
“The staff are some of the most helpful of any hotel I stay in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed whilst working in the area for 4 nights the hotel is under new management and they have spent a lot of money updating the hotel but the staff are In many cases the same,they are very helpful and go out of their way to look after you. The hotel is quiet but very convenient to the M1 and Derby and Nottingham there is a new restaurant owned by the hotel opposite although not open during our stay it will be open in February it looks very luxurious and modern will try it on our next stay

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the service you experienced, I will be sure to pass them on to the team here who will be equally pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

If I can be of further assistance please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed here for two nightsa large De-luxe room on the third floor. The room was superb, warm, comfortable and very stylish, having recently been refurbished. Large flat screen TV and blue ray disc player, comfortable sofa and chairs, loads of desk space, king size bed and a great range of tea, coffee, water etc. The lighing in the room was excellent. The bathroom was amazing. Large two person bath with separate power shower cubicle. Everything was spottlessly clean and one of the nicest rooms that I have stayed in. Staff were friendly and helpful. Although close to major roads and the M1 motorway the noise levels were in no way obtrusive. The hotel only provide a limited range of food between 6pm and 10pm and an order at the table bar service. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the qualityof the food. Drinks were reasonably priced and breakfast at £7.95 was also reasonable. I will certainly stay here again. The hotel is very well located midway between Derby and Nottingham and right by the M1. My only negative comment is that on departure I was not asked if my stay had been a good one.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 16 February 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Our Deluxe rooms are new rooms created during our refurbishment in 2011, so it's great to hear your comments. I'm pleased to read that the team were friendly and helpful during your time with us and they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0115 9460000.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Tried this hotel for the first time last night and was very impressed. Whilst being close to the motorway there is almost no noise in the room and I had one looking onto the motorway. The hotel is very modern and I believe just refurbished. The rooms are neat and tidy and free wifi is a great addition as I am a business traveller. Room I had only has a shower, no bath, but that wasn't an issue for me.

I ate in the restaurant with a colleague, the manager said they had just opened the new refurbished area, and some of the bits were still to be finalised, but you couldnt see where these were. The food was lovely, we had the 3 courses for £20 deal, a bit of a bargain.

Every person I met was friendly and helpful, and I got straight back onto the motorway, for my next journey.

Just note there is no lift to the upstairs rooms so anyone with difficultly on stairs would want a ground floor room.
Scrambled eggs at breakfast were delicious also.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillip63

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I'm pleased to read your comments about the hotel and am glad you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Stayed here for a conference. Clean, pleasant hotel with well trained staff. Food good

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Since your stay with us we have completed the refurbishment of our main restaurant, we would be delighted to welcome you back to experience it.

Should you need any further information or would like to re-book with us please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here for one night, welcoming friendly receptionists, good sized double room. Decor lovely, everything clean, tea and coffee facilities. If i was to be critical about anything we thought the breakfast was expensive compared to the dinner menu.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Since your stay with us we have completed the refurbishment of our main restaurant. During this process we have had a brand new menu and the prices have been altered too, including breakfast. We would be delighted to welcome you back to experience it.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed here as a family on the 16th December 2011, two adults, one 8 and one 5 year old. We'd previously stayed at the Novotel (Accor chain) opposite, which had been disappointed, so were hopeful that the newer Java Hotel (which has been Best Western since summer) would be better.

The hotel is sandwiched between the motorway and the main road, and outside the noise from the motorway is quite loud, but the hotel has good sound proofing; however, if you like to sleep with the window open you'd want to sleep on the non-motorway side!

The car park was reasonably well lit, with a security barrier needing a code to exit, which reassured me that car theft was less likely.

The decor was modern and clean, the reception spacious. Our room, 312, was two flights up and surprisingly there was no lift, not a big problem as we were travelling fairly light, but something to bear in mind if you have mobility difficulties.

The wireless internet was free, and zero hassle (no login codes, no special sign-ons, so it "just worked"), with reasonable speed and fair signal strength.

The room was clean and bright, with a range of lighting for different zones, which was nice. We were pleased with the size of the room; the children had full-sized beds, we had a king, and there were still plenty of space. The beds were comfortable. A good sized flat panel TV worked well. The wash basin was in the room, and a toilet with adjacent large shower cubicle beyond a sliding door. The mixer tap on the shower was faulty and it would cycle continually from warm to hot, we reported this at reception and they said noone else had reported it, which surprised me as we had three separate shower sessions and all had the same problem so it was a persistent fault. Still, the water pressure was fair to good. The bathroom was clean, but needed a little bit of attention around some of the grouting etc, but this is really being picky! On first arriving, the room was a little too warm, but there was a thermostat (helpfully pointed out by reception) so we could adjust to our satisfaction.

We pre-booked breakfast, and the children ate free, so it was quite good value. The hotel wasn't particularly full, and when we arrived, we were the only guests in the breakfast room. There was a good choice of fruit and cereals, as well as a choice of items from a traditional english breakfast. The food was served hot, and of good quality. The staff were helpful and fairly attentive; I did have to ask for a pot of tea.

I give this hotel 4/5, had the shower worked and there been a lift, I would have given an unhesitating 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-motorway side if you want to sleep with the window open.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul M

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding your stay with us, I will be sure to pass them on to the team here who will be equally pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I and my group was booked into this hotel after the one we were meant to stay at was fully booked and must say I am very happy to report this was a great alternative.
I have stayed at Best Westerns before and not had great experiances but this was much different.
Jade handled my checkin and questions I had about the rest of my group with ease and efficenancy.
The rooms seem bigger than average hotel rooms and look as though they have just been decorated recently. The shower is more like a wet room it is that big and has a fully closing door not just one of those screens that allow water to go everywhere and a nice little seat in it. (Don't often get that in hotel bathrooms!). The sink is placed nicely in the room area itself which is great if you are staying as a couple.
The other nice touch was a clock radio by the bed with sleep function and more importantly snooze, again not often found in modern hotel rooms.
The beds are huge and very nice to sleep on, the telly has all the channels you want and free wi fi to boot.
The motorway which is close by proved no problem as all the rooms seem to have double glazing so there really is no noise to speak of unless you open them.
Cliff the night Manager also deserved a mention as he dealt with my group very well on our return to the hotel at an ungodly hour, and was consently polite and porfessional.
The breakfast in the morning was well laid out and the full english order taken and served without fuss and quickly. Again the breakfast staff were very helpful and freindly.
Overall I would have no issue staying here again in the future or recommending it to anyone. It is a clean modern and very freindly place with everything on hand and supplied you could need.

Room Tip: The bar does close at 10pm
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay at our property.

I'm pleased to read your compliments on our product and the service you received. I will be sure to make the team members mentioned aware.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review.

Yours sincerely,

6.7 km away
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!