“Great Fish n Chips”

Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Long Eaton
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Takeaway and restaurant. For restaurant opening hours, please refer to our website as last orders are usually 8:15pm, whereas the takeaway is open later.
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Had a lovely box of Fish and Chips with mushy peas. Perfectly cooked fish in batter. very tasty. Chips were as chips should be, soft inside and crispy outside and tasted great. I'm not from this area but when here again I will definitely go to this Chip Shop again.

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Usually very good but today was very poor, the fish was smaller than normal and full of bones, the 15 chips I got served were over cooked and too hard and the bread was dry. The server forgot to bring the bread, the mushy peas for 2 of the meals and a pot of tea, when we informed him, we didn't even get an apology.

Very disappointing as we go to George's frequently and the quality of the food and service is usually exceptional. Today couldn't be any further from this.

Waited 15 minutes for the table to be cleared and the bill, no one came, had to find someone to pay them.

We will not return.

GeorgesGroup, Customer Service at George's Tradition, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, following your visit to our Belper restaurant. We're really disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit on this occasion.

The quality of the food and service that you received definitely doesn't sound to be of the standard that both we and our customers expect, so please accept our apologies for this. We will definitely be passing this feedback onto the management team at Long Eaton, but to help with this, would you mind popping an email over to letusknow@georgesgroup.co.uk with a couple more details of your visit?

If you could let us know the date and time of your visit, as well as what it was that you ordered, that would be extremely helpful. It would also help alot if you were able to provide us with any more details about the member of staff that served you, to help us identify them and address the service issues that you have outlined.

Thanks again for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

This place is consistently good and being local I use it quite a lot. The food is always freshly cooked, hot and tasty. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The only problem with it is the fact its so good there's always a long queue but they are quite quick.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

I continue to visit this restaurant regularly,the fish is second to none,can be very busy at certain times of the day,but always worth the wait

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Got to say... I've had George's a few times, live close by.... tonight I've had one of the worst fish ever... thin and dry...

Was busy so expecting a nice fresh fish...

An unhappy Saturday supper!!!

GeorgesGroup, Customer Service at George's Tradition, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to get in touch with us following your recent visit to our Long Eaton shop.

I am really disappointed to read that you made the effort to visit our takeaway, only to be left feeling let down with your experience as a result of the size and quality of the fish you received. Whenever we receive any feedback we will always pass this on to our management team, so all feedback can be properly looked into, in order to make things better for all of our customers going forward.

I totally appreciate how disappointed you must have felt with the quality and size of the fish that you were served.

I totally appreciate how disappointed you must have felt, with the size of the fish you received. We actually cut our fish ourselves and have strict quality control measures in place, where we monitor the quality and consistency of our fish, where it is cut to strict weight parameters, however I fully appreciate despite this, the fish you were served was unacceptable.

I really hope you can visit again soon. If you could please follow up with us at letusknow@georgesgroup.co.uk with details on the time and date you visited along with your address, as we will then be able to follow up your feedback with you.

Thanks again for getting in touch and as mentioned I will be passing this on immediately to our management team at our Long Eaton shop.