“Wow. We travelled for a week and this was the worst of it....”
Review of The Aberlour Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberlour
The Aberlour Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Aberlour B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Toured a few of the distilleries through Speyside and stayed in both Dufftown and Aberlour. I consider myself a frequent traveler and booked a four person trip throughout thhe Highland, Angus and Edinburgh.

We had a fantastic time and met some of the most friendly folks.

Regretably the four of us (my wife, brother in law and sister in law), reserved a room for one night. Our only upside for the stay here was that it WASN'T two nights. The service was not great. The rooms were dingy and cold.

I've never written a review before on Trip Advisor, but felt compelled to tap out a few lines on this location so the next poor sop who's wife wants to book a night here, might have a little additional assistance.

(FYI. We ate at the Mash Tun and the food was very good. If you can't book at the Mash Tun, this hotel isn't a good #2. I would have rated this worse, but it did have a roof)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 October 2011

i stayed in this hotel for one night in october through work commitments and a room had been booked for me.
when i went into the room it was spacious enough but when i went for a shower what a shock i got....NO SHOWER....just a bath which looked like it had been there since the hotel was built with brown stains where the water had been dripping from the taps and in general brown stains all over.....i did think about filling it with water...but only for a few seconds and i went down to see about a room with a shower....i did get one, but, when it was on full power the water went cold then hot then cold continually however i did manage to get washed.the light on the ceiling had no bulb in it but there was a lamp for shaving above the sink which was in the room as the toilet wasnt big enough , not even for a toilet roll holder.
the dining area was in the lounge bar and was empty....when i got my dinner i found out why.....it wasnt very good and i just had a main course of chicken which was overdone.
the breakfast was in the restaurant area which they advertise but dont use for dinner,this was very good and made by the woman who was serving.
the hotel could do with a spruce up and is ideally situated though i did get told that on the day i checked out the hotel was under new management i would hope the new owners spend some cash on the place as it really does need it

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed on business. Good hospitality from staff.
But the room I was in let it down very old looking and needed revamping. No shower but an ild cast bath the room very basic and scruffy. Plus all night a terrible noise from air conditioning unit rattling on.
The hotel has a locals bar and all their clients seemed to be drunks The lounge bar needs smarting up too.
The breafast was great and well looked after.
The money I paid for one night stay I could of got somewhere better.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This hotel is a filthy disgrace with local yobs causing a disturbance well into the small hours on the nights I stayed - and the 'management' didnt do a single thing about it !! In short. I was charged £100 for a 2 night single when, in real terms, it was barely worth half this.
Certainly not worth the money and I certainly wont be back.
Not recommended in any way shape or form

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I am staying in The Aberlour for a while whilst working away from home. The hotel is in a good location for tourists to go on the Whiskey trail and all other scenic things.Rooms are clean but very basic, small tv, and shoddy shower but sleepable( if that's even a word). Staff are helpful and nicen but to top it off would be great food. I would give a scottish 3 stars out of 5.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Cadgey
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I know i should not be mentioning the weather - as it is never anyone's fault - but it rained for the whole time we stayed in Aberlour, how the Scots deal with there perpetual precipitation is beyond me!

Anyway, back to the hotel itself! The Aberlour is right on the high street in this old Scottish village, right next to a delicatessen, war memorial gardens and a wee tea room - all very nice.

The hotel was just what me and my wife were after, a place to chill in the evening after a long day of distillery touring.
The hotel bar does get quite busy on weekends, as the locals use it - but they are all very friendly, some of them even taught us some local 'doric' dialect.

Our room was not too big but for the £79.00 a night it wasn't bad, and after 12.30 at night Aberlour is very very quiet, so we slept very well. The rain noise did keep us a little though.

If you visit be sure to try the 'Mash Tun' pub as well, great ales!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Ok, so this hotel is not the ritz, however it is literally 100m from river Spey and is the only hotel in Aberlour.

Now my bedroom didn't have a shower although it had a huge tin bath which was lovely to relax on.

There was a shared shower room which we were welcome to use and although shared was completely private so can't complain at all.

It is a very old building and the owners seem to be very sympathetic to it's 17th century roots-it's all to easy nowadays to create a formulaic chain hotel look!

The food was absolutely amazing and I can honestly say I have never had as good a breakfast as I've had here! Haggis and black pudding were incredible!

The staff really made our stay-from evelyn, the housekeeper to spencer and nicky in the bar, they really went the extra mile to make sure we were accomodated and comfortable at all times!

In short it's a taste if what you imagine the highlands to be!

Keep up the good work!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberlour
0.6 km away
Laichmoray Hotel
#2 of 7 in Elgin
21.2 km away
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to The Aberlour Hotel? Share your experiences!