All reviews lounge bar burger lovely meal lovely surprise homemade chips reception staff tea coffee facilities welcoming feel cullen skink roast lamb cooked breakfast was nice large portions top floor nice room modern decor tasted great poached eggs
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Lovely very friendly hotel.. extremely pooch friendly too. Didn't eat dinner as couldn't resist a fish supper from near by chipper however enjoyed a very peaceful night followed by a beautiful breakfast. We will be back again soon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a small double room. Room was newly refurbished and spotless. Downside was only having one cup and one set of towels between the 2 of us staying.

Breakfast was tasty and couldn't be faulted. Would stay again but I feel it was a wee bit pricey for what we got.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in by for lunch while passing through Aberlour. Not a big menu but it was lunch time. Was put to a seat quickly and having ordered drinks with the food order we got the drinks very quickly. It wasn't busy with only 2 other tables my husbands scampi was the usual deep fried frozen type and frozen deep fried chips with salad but was a good sized plate full. My chicken fillets arrived and there were three pieces on the plate with my frozen chips and salad. There wasn't much batter on them but they were fresh made and tasted nice. We had to wait 30 minutes to get the food so didn't order a pudding. Was never asked how the food was either. So was disappointed.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank catmorri
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

I like staying here, its cheaper that some of the other options and the rooms are lovely. I also like the food, especially the mushroom starter. Also a good choice of local whisky. The only downside is no 02 phone signal, you can use the free wifi to communicate.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2016

We dropped in for lunch at this hotel which has obviously been recently refurbished at some cost and the restaurant was comfortable and looked fresh and new, but the quality of the food was, I am afraid, pretty poor.

My meal was the best of the three - deep fried scampi - but the accompanying chips, although clearly home made were not crisp, very odd looking and unpleasantly soft inside. My wife had the battered haddock which came with the same chips but was a very small portion and the batter resembled more of a skin than a proper batter. My mother's was the worst - a plate of tomato and beef soup which was so stodgy and unpleasant that she abandoned it halfway through and a chicken and mayo sandwich which was struggling to justify the word "chicken" being included in its title. The mayo was pallid, poorly flavoured but in huge quantities which flowed out of the sandwich in all directions and the small pieces of chicken as said before were difficult to detect at all.

The service on the other hand was speedy, friendly and obliging, but we would never eat there again! Surely Aberlour can do better than that for the many tourists passing through?

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family