“60th birthday treat”

Dotty's Teahouse Carshalton
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Carshalton
Description: We are an independent teahouse and bring back the tea room experience with our loose leaf tea and home-made cakes served in vintage tea pots and china tea cups all within a nostalgic vintage environment. 1920’s to 1950’s music plays in the back ground whilst we serve traditional freshly sandwiches and of course, traditional Afternoon Tea! Our ethos is tradition, quality and to establish a community, we are strong supporters of local producers with our bread being sourced from the local bakery in the high Street and our fruit, veg and salads from the green grocers also from the High Street. We also support local producers of small crafts and sell their products through our shop; It is our plan to give these small independent traders an outlet on the High street for their products, which they would otherwise not be able to do on their own. We are passionate about delivering a unique experience to our customers.
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Visited the tea rooms for the first time today. It was us sisters celebrating my elder sisters birthday
What a pleasant afternoon
Enjoyed the food and the ambiance
Good quality ingredients served with excellent service
I shall return

Reviewed October 27, 2018

We were expecting so much more from what promised to be a lovely vintage tea room.

the staff were rushed, unfriendly, didn't seem to want us there, and appeared to want us out as quickly as possible.

the seating was poor, the food was average, the whole thing was very overpriced for such a small place. yet again this is another rplace where some quality, mature staff would have made all the difference.

And the cherry on the cake......the cups that we were given were stained (hadn't even been cleaned properly)

this place is terrible.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank cafetripmonkey
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times now. Mysic and rhyme is good on a Mon or Tues morning, but it gets very busy. Prices for food and drink are quite pricey. Gentleman makes you feel welcome but not all of the staff do sadly.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

We had Alice in Wonderland afternoon tea booked as a special treat for my granddaughter and it was really magical for her! Food was good and we were glad we could take back extras with us to get value for money! The more experienced staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were ok.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

I was given the idea of an Afternoon tea with a Pottery Painting workshop at Dotty's Teahouse by a friend of my sister, as I wanted to give her a special family/Surprise 50th birthday gift. My sister was aware of family coming but was not aware that some of her friends would also be coming and I have to say that I was so glad to make enquiries because Rebecca the owner of Dotty's Teahouse helped me to give one of the best events that you can ever imagine. She helped me put together a fantastic afternoon tea and introduced me to the company called "Glazed All Over" who organise the pottery painting workshop (and what a fantastic workshop it was, the 2 young ladies that were doing this workshop were so helpful and friendly that we all enjoyed ourselves very much trying to paint Goblets, Mugs and Plates). The whole afternoon went extremely well, they put all my sisters friends in the backroom, when my sister arrived they just introduced themselves, told her that the afternoon tea would be served in the front part of their tea room and the pottery painting would be done in the backroom. They then took her through, she had no idea what she would find and what a surprise she had when she saw some friends sitting there waiting for her. Rebecca's staff were fantastic. All the cakes and sandwiches were freshly made (there was lots available) and they were very tasty. Nothing was too much for them to do, to make sure that everyone was happy, they even provided special dietary food due to a few family and friends who needed it which they were very surprised about because of the variety they were given.
The staff were so friendly, helpful and polite, for what you paid for and received at Dotty's Teahouse in many cases was much better than the places that I have been too for afternoon tea's and I have been to a lot, especially well known places up in London that you cannot go wrong.
You need to experience this to appreciate what I am saying because written reviews cannot explain strongly enough the wonderful time we all had. Many of the people who went even asked for business to take away with them as they wanted to do events for their family and friends.
Well done Rebecca - I am so glad that I was given your Tea Room details.