Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
CheapTicketsUS$143
Orbitz.comUS$143
TripadvisorUS$143
ZenHotels.com
All reviews italian restaurant pizza prawns small town light lunch an extensive menu specials board large room many occasions to suit all tastes locals and visitors evening dinner market town lovely old hotel one way system pedestrianised street standard menu
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2020

Ate at the Angel four times in the week we were away so that has to say something.
Menu was good although portion size could have been better for the price being charge.
Staff were friendly and helful.
We ate in the bar but because of Covid 19 distancing it was like eating in the resturant.
Would recommend this pub or a meal anytime.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bazilf2015
Reviewed September 7, 2020

We have visited the Angel on many occasions and it has always been a good experience. The staff are always welcoming, the rooms are clean and comfortable. During this time of Covid they have still managed to make our stay enjoyable. The food is always good and it is a good base for looking around the area, most enjoyable.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed August 30, 2020 via mobile

Pizza was really good cheeses chip could do with more cheese on them drinks good. lad with tattoos on was fab table was ready for us as well the one way system works and all staff who help us were spot on

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank garylL1376HJ
Reviewed August 17, 2020 via mobile

Visited today for lunch, had the seafood platter which was enormous! Menu has something for everyone and service was excellent, really friendly. Felt very safe, whole place was spotless. Would recommend. Halesworth itself is a lovely little town, lots of parking and the Angel is a short walk from the train station.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gilda518
Reviewed August 17, 2020

I was struggling to find an affordable hotel in Southwold at short notice, so casting my search a little wider, I found The Angel Hotel which had availability for my dates. I would have my car with me, so being seven or so miles from Southwold wouldn't be an issue. Based on other reviews, I decided to book, and I'm very glad I did.

Halesworth is a pretty town, with The Angel sitting at one end of the main pedestrianised street. Its bar and restaurants are popular with both locals and visitors. Eating in the bar I was offered both the standard menu and the Italian menu, both with a good choice of options. Cleone's Italian restaurant is also used as the hotel's breakfast room.

Regarding the accomodation, the first thing I have to mention is the bathroom! I can't speak for all rooms, but the one in my room (room 1) had obviously been recently renovated and was spotlessly clean. The shower was incredible, with both a conventional shower head and a rainforest head - I have this same setup at home, but the difference with the hotel's setup is that both heads can be used at the same time...I wish I had this at home! The cubicle itself is also plenty big enough, even for us larger folk!

The bedroom was large, bright, airy and spacious, with all the usual amenities. There was also a fan supplied, which given that I was there during a heatwave, was a welcome sight. However, I found that opening both windows wide at night meant that I didn't actually need to use it. The bed linen was nice quality, and the double bed comfortable.

Breakfast was great - especially loved the scrambled eggs, which were cooked just as I like them!

But what I especially loved about the place is the staff! Everyone I came into contact with was so friendly and welcoming. They really made it feel like home from home.

Finally, during these unusual times of the global Covid-19 pandemic, it was comforting to know that the hotel took things seriously, with plenty of hand sanitiser available, a one-way system, social distancing etc.

Basically I loved The Angel, and wouldn't hesitate to return.