See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Over all a practical location out side of the center, near the lake.
Staff is very friendly. The rooms are spacious. The hotel is located in a quite area thus could get a good night of deep sleep.
Check out by 2pm was unusual but good.
Staff was helpful in organizing taxis.
The pool is not deep thus in summer good for children.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2016

The hotel is located in a very beautiful area, so allow plenty of time for walking around the lake and gardens to enjoy the views. it is unfortunate that the hotel rooms don't also capture the views. There are a couple of separate restaurants behind the hotel, but otherwise you need a vehicle to get to the shops etc.
The room I had was the Gloria Lake View, which was a huge room with a big bathroom. Very nice decor and good amenities including a very private outside deck. The only disappointment is that the 'lake' is actually just a very small inlet from the lake, but still ok. Bed was very comfortable.
I stayed for 12 days so was there for quite a while. The staff were excellent, particularly the reception, and the man who ordered my taxis each day ensuring the driver knew where to take me and that I knew the correct fare. The housekeeping and lady who helped me with an issue I had with the computer, were excellent, particularly given the communication problem. ie I dont speak Chinese and they dont speak English. With a bit of sign language and a sense of humour we were able to communicate.
Wifi was good and free.
English is a general problem throughout the whole district, as very very few people can speak english. There is a couple of ladies, and a man on reception / admin who can speak english, so that resolved the language difficulty within the hotel, but taxi drivers, shop assistants and general public don't understand at all.

It was a bit cold for the pool, but it looked nice. The restaurant was OK. A good choice of food for breakfast.

I previously stayed at the Crowne Plaza which is the other 5 star hotel in Xuzhou. This hotel has a lot more character and is in a beautiful location. The Crowne is a newer hotel so is a bit more modern, but lacks the character and friendly service that the Gloria Resort has.
I will be staying at the Gloria Resort on my future visits, as my preference.

Room Tip: I recommend the Gloria lake view room, however If I had children or wanted access to the pool, then the pool view rooms would be preferred.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2016

Stayed a night for business but the hotel is better for relaxation and holiday. It has only 3 storeys but the 2nd floor is actually the lobby and ground level, so if you are on the first floor, you are actually like in a basement and you have to keep the curtain close. The lake in front of the hotel is a great place to jog and relax so better to stay for holiday than business. Room is huge and well kept and the heater is powerful enough to keep you warm even in the most brutal winter.
Breakfast spread is a bit disappointed though.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor. Avoid the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2015

I stayed one night at this hotel. It is right in front of this amazing lake called Xiao Nan Hu. It is a great spot if you like to jog around the lake.

Hotel looks really modern and well designed. Hotel room is big and well designed, shower is a glass cube, bath tub is at the corner of the room, TV is inside the partition wall, seperate the kind size bed and the shower glass cube.

Hotel has many these private dining rooms. The dinning private room we had dinner is amazing. The dining table could host 20 people. Quality of food is great.

The weird parts are wifi, and service. If you do not have Chinese mobile number, you can not use hotel free wifi. I also tried to use hotel cable but somehow I could connect to the internet from my Mac Air.

Service is pretty basic, if you do not speak Chinese but you will struggle in the hotel. Hotel breakfast starts from 7am. If you have early morning flight or training ride, then sorry you have to miss your breakfast. Staff spoke zero English.

It is great to experience the hotel, but I am not sure I could stay at the hotel for too long.

Room Tip: you need to book top floor with lake facing rooms
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

The first hotel ever I stayed in without an ironing board and iron. Very poor food and seemed slow and nearly empty. Yet was clean and a very friendly bellboy and fine view from the front of the hotel. For food go to the blue marlin bar behind the hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business