“stopover in the pass”

Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We wanted a coffee stop, so called into Wobbly Kea Café - it was hard to see if they were open due to lack of boardwalk notices, but we found. Old world charm, the staff could be more friendly, ordered a slice & coffees. The slice was yummy and the coffees had a lovely flavour and were stretched nicely - great one guys, just need to brush up on client welcomes.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I visited this place with a friend for late lunch on Mar 30, 2018 after doing three walks in Arthur's Pass National Park. Not too many choices but saw other people eating pizza that looked delicious and BIG. We decided to order the pizza although it costs NZD 32 something since we could share it for the two of us. The pizza tastes delicious and fulfilling. There was also a big screen where visitors could watch cricket game.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

We stopped here for a coffee after a short walk to the Punchbowl Falls. The staff were pleasant and helpful and we were in clean and tidy surroundings.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

It seems that these people do reasonable food from other reviews. However the owners are extremely unfriendly. I arrived late one evening and was warned that they close at 8pm (nothing happens in Arthur’s Pass after that). However, arriving thirsty at 7:45 I was received by a very grumpy lady and was refused service on the basis that I could not possibly drink a beer in 15 minutes. I won’t comment on how many I could sink in that time (!) but suffice to say my visit to the township was tainted. My suggestion is don’t stop in Arthur’s Pass - move on to Otira and the Otira Stagecoach Hotel where the owners are far more welcoming. People who try and are pleasant deserve the business!!

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Avoid. Manager threatened us because we hung our wet coats on the radiator by our seating after a beautiful walk in the area. We were clearly targeted because of are age (22-25) as others had there belongings such as their backpacks around them which the manager mistook for ours but had no problem when we corrected him to inform him they were the elderly couple beside us. We had bought hot beverages, he asked us to leave immediately, and when we asked if we could first finish our drinks he picked up our belongings and made a point of saying, “this is me being nice” in a very threatening manor. Horrible experience which left us speechless.