All reviews spa area recommend this hotel first rate fantastic hotel perfect stay fish pudding half board tennis massage wellness products guests scenery package village austria
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

We get a fantastic Tennis / Wellness Package in the fantastic Hotel
Tennis by European Tennis Academy - Oli was a great teacher - Wellness by Susanne Kaufmann SPA where we get a Couple treatment - eating on a high level - and the Service everywhere in the hotel so friendly the double room very clean and generious with a sleeping master bed
I‘m a return visitors since years. I can really recommend this hotel as well with families.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017

I decided to book a visit to this hotel as a birthday treat to myself as I have recently discovered (and really like) Suzanne Kaufmann's products. My friend and I were a little apprehensive as we had no idea what to expect, but we were not disappointed. In fact, it was pretty much a perfect stay. The location is beautiful and the hotel is situated right in the village, a very convenient walk away from the bus station, the local supermarkets and bakeries and small stores and the couple of little cafes/restaurants (and one kebab house!). We had rooms in the new (West) building, with stunning views of the scenery. All the rooms seem to have large balconies, which is one of my favourite features in any hotel as it adds such a sense of spaciousness to the room and I love having a little bit of outdoor space. My room was large and clean, with Susanne Kaufmann toiletries (shower gel/shampoo, hand wash and body lotion) in plentiful supply. Bathrobes, pool/spa towels, slippers and a basket/tote are also provided, although the spa area was never short of spare towels. The only thing I will say is that although much is made of the Samina sleeping system, I was a little underwhelmed by the beds, pillows and linen and never got a really, really good night's sleep.

Breakfast was a joy, exactly as I would expect from any hotel in Germany and Austria, where they really know how to lay on a breakfast of champions. Fresh fruit, a wonderful choice of bread and pastries, butter, smoked fish and meat, jams, honey (fresh on the comb)--it was all here, together with delicious cooked options. My eggs (I had them scrambled and boiled) were perfect; I also tried the buckwheat porridge and chia pudding and both were delicious. We had booked a half-board stay so was expecting to either skip lunch or try one of the local cafes, but discovered upon arrival that the hotel provides a light buffet option for those guests on half-board, available from 2.30 to 4.30pm. This consisted of fresh bread with cheeses and meat again, in addition to a cooked dish, such as a soup or a meat fricassee. This was unexpected and more than ample and we actually never got to try a meal outside the hotel.

I know that some reviewers here were left unimpressed by the evening meal, but honestly, I couldn't fault it. In fact, I probably enjoyed it a little too much...six courses are provided; salad (self-service from the buffet), followed by a starter, a soup, a main course, pudding and then a cheese selection, again from the buffet. Each course has two options (meat and vegetarian) apart from the main course, where a third fish option is also offered. I found the food delicious, inventive and modern without being pretentious. Hot water and a selection of teas, water, juices and a coffee machine are available all day between the lobby and the main restaurant, although these shut down at 5pm and it would have been nice to have had the option of making a hot drink in the evening (there are no kettle facilities in the rooms).

I had several treatments (massages) in the Spa, and all were wonderful and the therapists were first-rate. These extras are not cheap, but as I live in London where treatments are not cheap anyway, I am used to these prices. The spa area itself was also lovely, and includes several steam and sauna rooms, an indoor pool large enough to swim laps and a great salt-water plunge pool on the roof terrace. Daily activities are scheduled at no extra cost, which include Pilates, yoga and chi-gong. I took a couple of chi-gong classes which I thoroughly enjoyed. A "Morning Mail" is provided at breakfast, which gives you a run-down of activities, sights and events taking place that day, both in the hotel and in the surrounding area, which I thought was a lovely, thoughtful touch.

The staff are also to be commended at this hotel; they were friendly, helpful and courteous throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble. All in all, it was a perfect break. This is not a budget hotel, but for the level of service and facilities that it provided, I found it excellent value for money and I do intend to visit this hotel again in the future. My friend also loved her stay and is looking forward to going back too.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Mona B
HotelPostBezau, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your detailed review.
We are very happy to hear, that you and your friend had a fantastic and relaxing stay at our hotel and that our entire team was able to pamper you.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Sunny regards from Bezau,

Reviewed March 26, 2017

i had the pleasure to stay at your hotel for a short week with my sister and mother.
what can i say.....what a perfect week. friendly staff, great location surrounded by snowy mountains, spa, tennis and the best: great, great food (i asked for vegan and you always surprised me with a delicious, mouthwatering dish). thank you very much.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelPostBezau, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Dear Raphael,

thank you very much for your feedback.
We are happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay in our hotel and that our team ensured that you were well looked after.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Sunny regards from Bezau,

Reviewed September 18, 2016

Wonderful place in a protected environment. Unfortunately I did not have time to test the Spa sadly because I really like Susanne Kauffman product. The room was ok, very basic to be honest between a minimalist 50's look and feel and a very light decoration. But I guess this is part of the beauty. The breakfast was really, really good. I never eaten that amount of cake in the past. The waitress offered us a fresh made press juice ! It was amazing!!!

Room tip: Stay longer than me
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelPostBezau, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2016

Dear Emmanuel,

thank you for your warm and wonderful words. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and you really liked the Bregenzerwald.

We would love to welcome you again in the Hotel Post and hope that you will have time to visit our Spa at your next visit.

Best regards

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

The hotel post makes a great base from which to explore the beautiful valley in which it sits and the hills that surround it. And for those who like to pamper themselves it also has a first class spa.

I travelled to Bezau and stayed in the Hotel Post for 3 days in June. I had previously visited the Allgau and Bavaria over a number of years and I was looking for a new destination in Austria. I was not disappointed by Bezau. I had asked for a room with mountain views, and was rewarded with an upgraded double with veranda and spectacular views of the surrounding hills. The room was ultra modern and pristine.

I made good use of local knowledge to run and then mountain bike in the area using their bikes which were well serviced and of good quality.

I ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent; also given the emphasis on health, designed it seemed to be nutritious too. A little niggle was that travelling alone, restaurants can be sometimes awkward social experiences, and at the Post there seemed to be a policy of placing singles together. Fixed seating each night is also quite normal in the region. It was a minor issue but forced me to be perhaps more sociable than I might have expected or intended.

The staff, one and all, were exceptional in their professionalism and their friendliness. Nothing was ever too difficult nor too much trouble. The hotel can be rightly proud of their staff who are a credit to them. All were excellent but one stood out to me in particular , a young waiter called Max. I saw Max treat with courtesy and kindness both elderly guests and the very demanding and very youngest guests, always with humour, good will and without ever getting flustered. He will no doubt have a great future in the business.

I used the pools and sauna/steam room areas and found these to be very good. Sitting in the outside pool looking up at the cloud rolling over the mountain peaks was nothing short of spectacular. While I did not indulge in beauty treatments nor massages, some of my fellow breakfast guests who I spoke with and seemed to be experienced in these matters commented on how excellent they were.

Overall, Bezau is a perfect location for those who like the outdoors, and if staying there, the Hotel Post comes highly recommended. I certainly intend to return, this time with my wife who will make better use of the beauty spa than I did. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelPostBezau, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Dear Guest from Ireland,

Thank you for your detailed, warm and wonderful evaluation of our Hotel Post in Bezau.

We appreciate the time you have taken it since it firstly is a big motivation for our employees and secondly an incentive for us is to make our service even better.

The performance of our staff makes our hotel into what it is and we are very proud of them.

Thank you for your suggestions to quietness in the hotel which we will discuss asap.

We would be pleased if you visit us again in the post office and bring your wife, who we would like to introduce our prizewinning Spa .

Best regards