“Impressive ”
Review of The Lazy Goose

The Lazy Goose
Ranked #56 of 307 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is a delight, we were walking around Broadbeach last night and decided to stay for something to eat and obviously a drink after the day we have had! As I use to live in Broadbeach I knew pretty much all the restaurants. I've never tried the lazy goose but heard good reports about it.

It was quite busy last night but then again it was a Friday night, but at least it was busy that's a good sign.

We started off with cocktails, tried a few but the cosmo is always my favourite, made beautifully and very yummy

We then moved onto dinner as we were both starving, we started with the oysters three ways so that way we could try all the flavours, absolutely pleasant to eat.

We then moved onto mains where I had the Barra, cooked to perfection and my partner had the lamb cutlets. He was so impressed he thought about ordering more. The only flaw I have was the meals took a little time but understand being a Friday night and very busy. The service was also terrific.

Thanks for a wonderful night and a great experience. See u again

2  Thank Melissah1983

Reviewed May 16, 2017

Had a brilliant family lunch here. Fantastic tasty burgers, wings and frickles. Staff are great and friendly. The choice of drinks, cocktails and whiskey are second to none.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

I went to the lazy Goose with my good friend for Dinner. We got this place from Tripadvisor ( thank you TA) It is a short drive from where we were staying in Surfers.
We loved the staff, the cocktails, the wine, and the food.

Thanks for a great night

Thank Daniela-christi... B
Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

unable to review as closed on a saturday night peak season with no sign on door with explanation. as bookings go through dimmi, we were not advised it was closed.

5  Thank Kerry K
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

I went here on 28th December 2016. It's a busy time of the year. The menu is unusual in that it's split into snacks, medium plates and large plates. It's not clear from the menu how big portion sizes are, or what the recommended sharing arrangements should be.

The menu is extensive, and should provide for everyone (fish, steak, chicken etc).

The waitress was a bit inexperienced and couldn't really explain the menu (portion sizes etc) and forgot to mention early on that one of the meals wasn't available.

The wine menu is extensive enough. No light beer is served however (ie low alcohol) which can be important for those driving here.

The kids menu is also quite good, and portion sizes were very good.

The food: was excellent. I had the 500gm steak on the bone. It comes already carved up and the various sauces layered on top. Which does cause a bit of a problem as it's difficult to see the fat on the steak, and so trim it off, particularly given the lights are dimmed quite low. The flavours however are really nice and all go wonderfully well together.

My wife had the de-boned barramundi, which is essentially a whole fish. This too was excellent. Well cooked, beautiful flavours.

For vegetables we went with the cauliflower. An amazing dish, probably the best cauliflower I've had.

From the kids menu we had chicken tenderloin, which for a kids menu was very good and quite large.

All in we enjoyed the food and will be back.

Prices are quite high. The 500gm on the bones steak (which comes which mash potatoes and numerous sauces /flavours) was $70. The barramundi was $50. Both could be shared quite easily though.