Free cancellation until 29/07
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Vogthof(Lautenbach)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Overnight stay on the way to Stuttgart and we'll be doing it again! The hotel is in the heart of the Schnapps making area and is surrounded by fields of soft fruits and apples simply driving through the area is an adventure. The hotel is in the style of an alpine hotel and has a great restaurant and very attentive staff. Breakfast was also very good. It would be a great place to use as a centre for a walking holiday.

Room Tip: I had a room 14 which has a great balcony for seeing the view
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2015

HEAVEN ON EARTH! This is what it is. Before I made my booking, I was completely unaware of this place. I had done my booking based on my sixth sense and intuition and loads of travel experience.

But, when I landed in this place (actually reached by train from Geneva by changing 4 trains altogether), I discovered that I had made the right choice as this is what I wanted ....complete peace after a long holiday and spend some quality time with my family, which consisted of elders as well.

The management of the hotel were thorough professionals and knew their job very well. There was not a single instance that I could remember, which was bad. Overall, we had a very comfortable stay, the rooms are very large and comfortable.

The only minus point about this place is the train connectivity. If you want to go out of Lautenbach by public transport, you need to have a lot of patience and planning in advance. Otherwise, you can hire a car and be your own boss. However, the public transport is free of cost within the Black Forest region, so it does make sense if you plan your trip in advance.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

We booked the top room and an additional room for the three of us. We arrived quite late (there was sufficient parking) and were greeted friendly and efficiently shown to our rooms. The large room on top is very nice and has a view of the valley. The whole hotel seems to have been relatively recently redone and everything is nice, clean and working.

The breakfats buffet is small but good, and they offer all kinds of egg and coffee specialities.

Aircon is available in all rooms and works well.

We would like to especially point out the friendly staff.

The only real drawback is the slow WLAN (at least on our floors)

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed May 18, 2015

On my way from home to Milan Italy I like to stay overnight somewhere in the middle. well, Lautenbach was exactly half way. So I decided to book a room at Sonnenhof. The hotel has 2 room categories, the newest are 4 star and in the building where you can also find the restaurant the rooms are 3 star. I was booked in one of those rooms with the 3 stars. The room was not bad at all, double bed, nice bathroom, free wifi (with reasonable speed). I guess the reason why these rooms are not 4 star has to do with the lack of an elevator, it is indeed a bit of a climb to the second floor. All in all I had a good night of sleep. As I arrived late I decided to dine in the hotel restaurant, and I was quite surprised with the menu options. I took the fresh salmon as a starter and the veal schnitzel with spätzle as a main. I was not dissapointed at all.
With a room rate of € 51,- and a diner cost of about € 30 including some beers I must say the price-quality is more then OK at this place. I will go back, in fact I already bookd for my return voyage from Milan next Saturday...

Room Tip: If you do not like stairs, take a room in the new building
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were upgraded to a lovely large room at the top of the hotel with a wonderful large good quality shower.
We eat once in the restaurant & was served by a very helpful girl & good food. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple