“Friendly staff, tasty food, reasonable proce”
Review of Taverna Danas

Taverna Danas
Ranked #36 of 124 Restaurants in Kamari
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the restaurant twice during our stay on Santorini. The food was delicious and it had reasonable price for this area. At the end of our lunch they gave us Greek traditional cakes.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was not far from my hotel and was very pleasant, bit more of a family style, home cooking vibe, quick service and reasonable prices. Not mindblowing but a good rabbit stifado and the night I was there I really enjoyed the musician who was playing.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Having read other TA reviews we thought we give this restaurant a try, it's located away from the sea front adjacent to a busy main road so don't sit on the road side. We've found eating out in Kamari to be very expensive but the food here was quite a few € cheaper for the standard dishes than elsewhere. I had moussaka which was very tasty , hubby had the kebabs that although they looked overcooked to me he was happy with them. House wine was ok. Only criticism is that as its the end of the season some dishes weren't available so suggest they only show you menus that are up to date as its frustrating to choose a dish only to find it's not available. If we get time we may go back for a second time

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was the closest to our accommodation and we nearly missed out dining here. So pleased we went on our last evening in Kamari. Always busy and with a great atmosphere the food was fantastic, great value for money. Staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, we didn't find this restaurant until our last night in Kamari. This was Our favourite restaurant of all. The service was excellent the food beautiful with large portions and very reasonable prices. We had fried Zucchini balls to start, Lamb Kleftiko and Spaghetti with a carafe of the house red. The fried zucchini was beautifully presented and tasted lovely. The lamb portion was large and the sauté potatoes that came with it were gorgeous. I couldn't finish it. (and that doesn't happen often.) Service was the best in Kamari, the majority of the waiters just leave the drinks on the table and then walk off, here they were poured for us. (it's only a little thing but the attention to detail is missed in so many of the other restaurants.) My wife's spaghetti was also nice and when we asked for the bill we were given a complimentary homemade chocolate brownie to share which was beautiful. All this for €21.50. No sea view but the nicest food in Kamari.