Having just retunred from a weeks' stay at the Venus hotel, i was surpirised when i re-read the reviews to hear some of the negative comments. We had a fantastic week and found that overall the facilities were at least on a par with the 4 star Aegean Plaza we had stayed at 5 years previously.
We travelled with our 4 year old and 5 month old baby and were provided with a clean and comfortable cot and sofa bed-my 4 year old would have complained if it was uncomfortable and he slept well. The only criticism i would have is that the air con unit was right above his bed so he tended to get cold if we kept it on all night which was necessary due to the heat out there at this time of year.
Our room had plenty of space, and the wardrobe was plenty big enough for clothes for all of us, although we chose to use one of the 2/3 large surfaces available to us to keep the kids clothes on.
One unexpected downside was that there was no kettle in the room which the brochure/website led me to believe and was an essential for travelling with a baby. When we arrived and checked the room out to discover there wasn't one we were toldunhelpfully be the receptionist that there was only one avaiable for the hotel and it was being used, and if i wanted to i could ask the kitchen to boil the water for me. i didnlt think this was good customer service, but when i went back 2 days later another receptionist tracked one down for us to use for the rest of the stay.
Maintenance-wise there were a few minor irritations such as the bathroom door lock being broken and the firdge leaking a bit, but these were only petty things that we didn't bother to report as they weren't a problem to us. the bed was much more comfortable than many of the hard beds you often encounter in Greece, plenty of fresh towels and sheets daily and a friendly cleaning lady who went crazy for the baby every time she saw him!
Food at breakfast was good and plentiful, the service and attitude of the poolside female bar staff and the female waiting staff at breakfast was excellent. It was difficult to get a sunbed in the sun but not particularly more than other hotels i have encoutnered and there was an excellent shaded area with massive cushions which meant the baby and my 4 year old could be outside safely all day in the shade.
I would definitely recommend to anyone staying with a family but if you have a baby take your own kettle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa is a resort located in Kamari village of one of the most beautiful islands of Greece, Santorini. The hotel offers beach access and majestic view of the Ancient Thira hills. Exclusive hotel restaurant featuring local and international cuisine is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Relaxing private spa. Multiple swimming pools & sundecks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Booking.com so you can book your Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel Kamari
- Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel And Spa
- Afroditi Venus Beach Kamari
- Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel & Spa Santorini/Kamari, Greece