See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

A good hotel with a good quality. Food is ok and the breakfast is almost perfect. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a wonderful mattresses. The service is excellent. The position is good.
I suggest this hotel for golf holidays.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MCARMENDELACRUZ, Director General at Hipotels Barrosa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Ciao Gianluigi B!!!

Thank you very much for your review!!!

best regards.... and see you on your next visit!

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

Travelled with family (husband and two children - 3 year old and teenager). Chose hotel because if proximity to beach, children's swiming pool and good reviews, especially on food. Two out of three were right. Hotel is 5 minutes easy walk to a beautiful white sand beach, several kms long and great for children. There are strechbeds and "palapas" available but you need to arrive early, otherwise you find all seats "reserved" by beach towels... We were told the beach is usually quite windy but we were lucky and were easily out till 8PM with nice breeze.
The swimming pools are great for both groan ups and children. My 3year old loved the childrens pool, knee deep and plenty of slides. He also enjoyed the adjoining deeper one as it was heated. Plenty of strech beds and shades as well.
The room was big and very comfortable for the four of us. One disapointment: no mini bar (not even a bottle of water!) and we had all-inclusive.
Room service was also very efficient and by the time we came back from the beach just before lunch it was already clean.
The disapointing part: food. We went with all-inclusive so we had no worries. Breakfast was good and varied. Lunch and dinner were dull, repetitive and not 4 star quality. On my third meal I was struggling to find something I really felt like eating. What saved me? Fruit. The best thing on all meals. Always great variety of fresh fruit.
Would I return? To the area, very likely. The beach is great, we can travel by car from Portugal and the area is very quiet. But I would probably chose a neibouring hotel because of the food.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Traveling_Tuga
Reviewed June 30, 2015

This is the most comfortable hotel I stayed in the Atlantic coast of Spain. It is located very close to the excellent sand beach, 15 km long and 100-200 m wide. Despite it is old fashioned and likely built in 1990ies, it is comfortable and nice place for vacation, especially for families with small kids. The food is very good, staff very helpful, we were very happy to stay here and will come again.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2015

Just back from two nights All Inclusive here
First the good things: The staff are wonderful and extremely friendly and helpful from the start, from the cleaning staff to receptionists to bar staff etc etc. The food is amazing. A wide variety and of a very high standard. As for entertainment, don't miss Alfred the singer (he has an amazing voice!) and Miguel who doubles up as DJ and just about anything else and really knows how to keep a party going!
The bad things: The beds. Our group had three rooms and the beds in two rooms were really comfortable but the ones in mine were as hard as a rock. When we asked if the hotel had mattress toppers, they immediatley insisted on the changing the mattresses for softer ones. However, the new ones bore no comparison to the ones in the other rooms and they were small single mattresses on top of large single bases so if we moved them together, it meant we bashed our legs when getting out of bed. Also, the temperature of the shower was either freezing or boiling (only in our room again!) and it could only be positioned towards the wall! To be fair, when I checked out and mentioned these problems, the receptionist told me I should have let them know before and that they would take note and pass on the comments to the departments concerned.
The other problem is that we went when the hotel had just opened at the start of the season and there were a few things which weren't quite ready. It actually became a bit of a joke among the staff and us because they didn't have anything quite a lot of what we asked for (drinks, ice creams,etc)
Anyway, in spite of these niggles, I'd still go back to this hotel as the positive aspects certainly made up for the negative ones.

Room tip: Check the beds and the shower before settling in.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sarahyas
Reviewed September 24, 2014

Not stayed in this chain before but very pleasantly surprised but some very nice touches.firstly we were on a road trip from Seville so only had a rough idea of arrival time.we made good time and arrived at midday to check-in
not a problem-we even got upgraded to a suite. I've stayed in plenty of hotels who don't permit you checking in until after 3pm
Here's what impressed me:
Beds are super comfortable-you melt into the mattress.rooms are very clean and tidy.
Fridge is empty.you have to ask if you want the minibar to be stocked.this is a great idea as we bring our own bottle of duty free whiskey and just buy cans of coke and water at local supermarkets,so it's nice to be able to put them in the fridge
Sun loungers are excellent.they go flat so you can actually lie on your front.many hotel loungers don't go fully flat so it's impossible to lie on your front without contorting your spine!
Finally food ,although buffet style,was of a very good standard.
We booked online at a very competitive price and it is an ideal hotel to spend a few nights.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gav6367