We travelled as a family (2 adults and 2 children both aged 8 years old), we grabbed a deal of Stay 6 nights,Pay 4 in a Palm Cottage (number 20).
From the minute we arrived we felt welcome. At Check In the ladies were very friendly.
Our cabin was opposite one of the play grounds, BBQ area and laundry which was very convienient. Only a short walk to the pool. Our cabin was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. Can't fault our cabin at all.
The Pools and Playgrounds were great for the kids, as were the Children's Activities which were free of charge and both kids (boy and girl) really enjoyed them. The grounds are well looked after.
The birds were also a hit with all the family as were the photos every weekday. Sam was a particular favourite and is still talked about!
On 3 occasions we had to approach the reception staff. Once to get an extra pillow (more than happy to supply it then and there), once to get directions and the receptionist went above and beyond downloading a few maps for us and highlighting where to go and the 3rd time to enquire about wineries, again a different receptionist went above and beyond helping us and advising where to go.
Yes Ashmore is in an industrial area...but really, who cares? It is quiet (apart from the birds at certain times but our cabin was far enough away from the averies not to be woken by them and they are part of the attraction anyway!) Once you are inside the VIllage you would never know and it is only a 5 min drive from the beaches...I have stayed in the heart of Surfers Paradise before and much prefered being away from the hussle of Surfers itself. Is also only a 10 minute drive to Theme Parks.
We also found that each time either reception staff or housekeeping staff would drive past on their buggy's they would ALWAYS say Hello and ask how we were. Very friendly indeed!
We found that the 6 nights we had here was not long enough and will be re-booking to stay again the same time next year and can't wait!
Keep up the great work Ashmore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village is a family owned and operated holiday village, nestled on almost 15 acres of lush, tropical landscaping on Australia's Gold Coast in Queensland. The Village provides a relaxed, yet central holiday setting. Conveniently located close to the major theme parks and Surfers Paradise, the award-winning village offers a range of self-contained holiday cabin accommodation, popular with families, couples, groups and business travelers. Ashmore Palms has extensive family-friendly facilities and offers free children's activities.Next time you holiday on the Gold Coast, make Ashmore Palms your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ashmore Palms Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore